Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I recently got a new NUC8i5BEK. The i5 CPU is not as powerful as NUC8i7BEH but the kit size is smaller and more portable than the i7 version. I installed 32GB memory and Samsung 970 EVO SSD.

Update 11/4/2018:

I was able to get my NUC8i5BEK running macOS Mojave 10.14.1 with almost none hardware issues, by following @RehabMan's guide:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...g-clover-uefi-nuc7i7bxx-nuc8i7bxx-etc.261711/

What is working:
  • CPU
  • NVMe M.2 SSD
  • Iris 655 Graphic with full acceleration
  • Ethernet
  • Internal Microphone
  • 3.5mm Audio Jack
  • HDMI Video/Audio
  • Thunderbolt video output (with USB-c to HDMI adapter)
  • Power Management/Shutdown/Reboot
  • Native USB3/USB2
  • Bluetooth (tested network hotspot, Apple Magic Mouse)
  • iMessage/SMS/iPhone Cellular Calls
What is not working:
  • Internal Wi-Fi
  • Continuity Handoff/Universal Clipboard with iPhone/iPad
Other:
  • Having difficulties connecting non-Apple keyboard and speakers via Bluetooth
  • Minor compatibility issues with LG 27MP33 Monitor (see page 3)
  • Thunderbolt 3 not tested

I started hackintosh on it few weeks ago, and below are what I have done so far:

What is working:
  • CPU
  • NVMe M.2 SSD
  • LAN (with IntelMausiEthernet.kext)
  • HDMI
  • USB
What is not working:
  • Iris 655 Graphics Acceleration
  • Power management
  • Audio
  • Wi-Fi/BT
  • Thunderbolt

Currently the system I'm using is macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2112). I tried to install Mojave 18A391, but every time the installer UI was stuck at the second boot, saying "12 minutes remaining".

I use Lilu v1.2.7 and WhateverGreen v1.2.3 for graphic card patching. My graphic card can be correctly recognized by just setting ProductName as MacBookPro15,2 in config.plist.

The issue is that there is no graphic acceleration, and the VRAM is only shown 7 MB. I've tried multiple methods, including using latest FB-Patcher. The result is either the same 7 MB VRAM, or kernel panic.

View attachment 356565
I also looked into modifying the IGD Minimum Memory in BIOS. But for some reason, I can only see "32 MB" and "64 MB" options. I thought there were more options in the BIOS.

View attachment 356567

I attached the problem reporting files generated using gen_debug script. I'm relatively new to the community. Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Thank you!

Can u provide a latest update on if there is any other issue? Also thunderbolt?

Btw, any special actions to take besides RehabMan's guide?

Can u provide a latest update on if there is any other issue? Also thunderbolt?

Btw, any special actions to take besides RehabMan's guide?

I have a nuc8i5BEK. I followed the guide and everything works except the issues Justdoit mentioned.
My setup is a dual monitor setup. 4k@60Hz with type c and 1080p with HDMI. It works fine.

I don't have thunderbolt devices so it is not tested.

In my case, "ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" did not checked by default so do not forget to check it when install clover(Otherwise you can't find the partition after installed macOS).

I have a nuc8i5BEK. I followed the guide and everything works except the issues Justdoit mentioned.
My setup is a dual monitor setup. 4k@60Hz with type c and 1080p with HDMI. It works fine.

I don't have thunderbolt devices so it is not tested.

In my case, "ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi" did not checked by default so do not forget to check it when install clover(Otherwise you can't find the partition after installed macOS).

Hi,

Thanks for the reply! I am glad there are not a lot of issues with this device.

I lives in Singapore and my NUC8I5BEK is already on the way to Singapore now!! On Amazon US it is 299.99 now!! Sadly I have to pay shipping fee and tax :(

This will be my first build of Hackintosh and I am looking forward to it.

Hi /stirlingengine

How have you handle the Audio. My Audio does Not work. Please let me know which Kext files you have installed. Could you Upload your Elfi file?

BTW what about Bluetooth, works¿

I lives in Singapore and my NUC8I5BEK is already on the way to Singapore now!! On Amazon US it is 299.99 now!! Sadly I have to pay shipping fee and tax :(
Saw the deal, waiting for NUC8I5BEH, not clicking buy button was so hard and painful :)
Haven't seen any used item on both eBay / Amazon for a few weeks, checking every morning.

Guys, who can tell me about NUC8i7BEH -
Can i raise CPU frequency manually in bios?
I want to disable function "turbo boost" and raise manually base frequncy from 2.7mhz to 3.2mhz - it is possible?
It would be great - if anyone make a screenshot of the tab "Performance" in bios!

Thanks to @RehabMan's guide, I finally install Mojave into my nuc8i5bek.

Everything looks find, but bluetooth and wifi is not working here.

I wonder if there any solution for the bluetooth problem?

Hi @dong100136,
I received my nuc8i5bek yesterday and tried to install macOS on it without success.

I don't know what BIOS settings I need to adapt. Several can be found (like VT-d) but others like XHCI not.
My first try with clover showed only a black screen and nothing happened.

Can you tell me which BIOS settings you have changed?
I would be also very thankful if you could provide your clover settings.
I leave everthing untouched in clover except checking "Installation for UEFI-Motherboards"
Thanks

Poncho

Last edited:
i use the NUC8i7BEH with UEFI defaults and had just change secureboot off in biossettings. So test the attached clover folder.

I can run through the whole installation with dualmonitor via usb-c.

Update: New cloverfolder. Now BT works fine, also SD-Card. So please give me Feedback if it also works for you.

Attachments

• CLOVERlatest.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 300
Last edited:
i use the NUC8i7BEH with UEFI defaults and had just change secureboot off in biossettings. So test the attached clover folder.

I can run through the whole installation with dualmonitor via usb-c.

Thanks @Vanessag !
Will try out soon! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back