Contribute
Register

New Intel NUC NUC8i7BEH compatibily

Status
Not open for further replies.
For 4k, you should try adding the -cdfon flag (it is a kernel flag for WhateverGreeen.kext that enables functionality formerly in CoreDisplayFixup.kext).

I'm reluctant to add it to the repo by default, but it is easy for individuals with 4k displays to try it.

Thanks @RehabMan
I still have glitches after having added -cdfon in the boot arguments (in the same field as lilucpu=10)

Thanks @RehabMan
I still have glitches after having added -cdfon in the boot arguments (in the same field as lilucpu=10)

You will need to show specifically what you mean by "glitches".
No one can guess.

@RehabMan
I had the image becomming green for half a second once every 1-2 minutes.
sometimes it was freezing quickly from time to time also.
The mouth cursor was white bright when night shift was activated.
No video glitches anymore with a proper usbC->DP cable instead of HDMI.
It now works perfectly with a 4K Dell P2415Q in HiDPI.
The mouth moves are much smother too, even if I had no real lag.

Symptoms were similar on my previous NUC6i3.

I still have -cdfon flag, so I don't kown if that helps more now.

Last edited:
Hi @RehabMan

I would like to (let's be honest) finetune my installation.
Could you please have a look at my debug attached and help me?

I'd like to use continuity/handoff.
I use ethernet (no wifi card) and a usb bluetooth IOGear GBU521.
Screenshot below says bluetooth is ready to detect but no device ever appears here after testing a few different types.

Capture d’écran 2018-10-31 à 21.18.13.png

Also I have a picto in the status bar saying : unknown card type and proposes to desactivate the card

Capture d’écran 2018-10-31 à 21.25.56.png

I am not sure if it's linked.
I don't information about this card.

Can you please help me?

Thanks

Attachments

• debug_9725.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 82
and a usb bluetooth IOGear GBU521.

No experience with that hardware,... sorry.

Note that you should not expect external BT to work very well if you fail to disable the built-in BT hardware (hint, hint).

Also I have a picto in the status bar saying : unknown card type and proposes to desactivate the card

If I remember correctly, it is the unsupported PCIe card reader device.
You can disable it in BIOS and that menu item will go away.

Hello everyone,

I come to a stage where something is a little bit weird. I'm using NUC8i5BEK.

I'm currently following @maxmatteo's steps and @RehabMan's guide.

i did... this is my small guide (mostly from your url):

https://gist.github.com/mstaack/1c0ed921983ad4a2a2fb584d32030095

The problem is, sometime after create a fresh installer media, it can boot into Install macOS Mojave, and I can successfully install it on hard drive. After the 3-minute first install process, the system would reboot. However, then it cannot boot into any of the volumes, including previously working Installer. -v option says "Error allocating 0x119b9 pages at... " (more in picture)

I though it would be the problem of AptioMemoryFix. So I tired boot with and without AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFixDrv 1 2 and 3. The results are all the same: very little chance of the fresh install could boot, but none of the actual installation could boot.

Then I though it could be a BIOS problem. My BIOS version is the latest 0048. All BIOS options are set following the guide after default, except "Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit", there is no such option in my BIOS.

I cannot make progress beyond this stage. Could anyone share a working EFI? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• IMG_20181101_081123.jpg
    IMG_20181101_081123.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88
  • IMG_20181101_085425.jpg
    IMG_20181101_085425.jpg
    693.1 KB · Views: 129
  • EFI.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Hello everyone,

The problem is, sometime after create a fresh installer media, it can boot into Install macOS Mojave, and I can successfully install it on hard drive. After the 3-minute first install process, the system would reboot. However, then it cannot boot into any of the volumes, including previously working Installer. -v option says "Error allocating 0x119b9 pages at... " (more in picture)

I though it would be the problem of AptioMemoryFix. So I tired boot with and without AptioMemoryFix, OsxAptioFixDrv 1 2 and 3. The results are all the same: very little chance of the fresh install could boot, but none of the actual installation could boot.

Then I though it could be a BIOS problem. My BIOS version is the latest 0048. All BIOS options are set following the guide after default, except "Security->Security Features, "Execute Disable Bit", there is no such option in my BIOS.

I cannot make progress beyond this stage. Could anyone share a working EFI? Thanks in advance.

One difference with mine is the presence of several FakeSMC kexts as follow:

Capture d’écran 2018-10-31 à 23.39.09.png

You can download it here:
https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fakesmc-kozlek/downloads/

Not sure that will help

Hello everyone,

VT-d should be disabled.
And don't forget to enable legacy boot/CSM.

And not sure if it matters, but I disabled a bunch of other stuff that I didn't need:
- card reader
- thunderbolt
- wifi

Also, your kexts/Other is missing SATA-unsupported.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back