Contribute
Register

New Hardware Build- 1st Attempted Install Issue Apple Logo Full Bar Status Stuck Asus Mobo, i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
> Once I complete the full installation and I'm loaded to my Catalina desktop how do I add this new EFI-blazenbass713-RX5700.zip folder you sent?

You have to install Hackintool

With it, in the "Disks" tab, you can mount your USB drive and SSD EFI partitions and copy the working EFI folder from the USB EFI to the SSD EFI volume (create an empty folder in the each EFI and give them a name that matches their device (e.g USBBOOT and SSD) so when you mount them you will know which EFI belongs to your SSD or USB drive.

Then restart without the USB drive connected and try to boot from your SSD.

If it works (it should), you can then put the EFI-blazenbass713-RX5700.zip in your USB drive and boot from it.

Always use the USB to modify your EFI, and only after you know your changes/tweaks are working fine that you can then copy it over your SSD EFI.

I'm now into the part where I choose which .kext and other configuration files MultiBeast will install. There are several different options and I'm getting confused on which one(s) to choose. I have read through the MultiBeast documentation and I understand the different .kexts information, but don't understand how they apply to my specific hardware. I've tried to do multiple searches related to this topic, but am not finding much information. Any help provided is greatly appreciated!! Thank you! :headbang:

Questions:
  1. Which .kexts/other configuration files should I install using MutiBeast 12.3.0 (released ~2hrs ago) with my hardware listed below?
  2. Is there a cross reference to match my hardware vs. available .kext files?
  3. Is it bad if I choose multiple .kexts that do the same thing? i.e. multiple .kexts for ethernet, audio, or USB for example?
Here is my hardware list:

Which .kexts/other configuration files should I install using MutiBeast 12.3.0 (released ~2hrs ago) with my hardware listed below?
  1. Is there a cross reference to match my hardware vs. available .kext files?
  2. Is it bad if I choose multiple .kexts that do the same thing? i.e. multiple .kexts for ethernet, audio, or USB for example?

I haven't had time to check the new MultiBeast, but I think the best way to configure your hardware is to do it one step at a time. Use the latest intel Power Gadget app and HWMonitorSMC2 to monitor your system and see if your CPU/GPU power management is properly set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back