Contribute
Register

New Hardware Build- 1st Attempted Install Issue Apple Logo Full Bar Status Stuck Asus Mobo, i9-9900k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING
CPU
INTEL I9-9900K
Graphics
SAPPHIRE NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6
Hi Everyone!! :) After several hours of troubleshooting I'm hoping you can help me get my new build up and running. This is the first hackintosh I have ever researched and built, and I will say I've had a ton of fun so far working on it!

My hardware I purchased and was easy to install is:
I followed this guide for Catalina install from tonymacx86.com: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...alina-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.285366/

My macbook pro that I was using is an early 2011 model, so I got my macOS Catalina install file from the yellow highlighted link the below picture:
1591643721781.png

I was able to successfully download macOS Catalina. From there I continued with the rest of the steps and made it to Step 4.4 highlighted in yellow below:
1591643965000.png

I chose "Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Catalina" in Clover with verbose enabled and this is where I ran into my issue. NOTE: I DO NOT HAVE MY GRAPHICS CARD INSTALLED. JUST USING ON BOARD GRAPHICS FROM ASUS Z390-E MOBO.

1591644112259.png

1591644162711.png

Please let me know if you guys have any questions, and I will be happy to answer! Thank you in advance for your help and support in getting my hackintosh up and running!

1591643721781.png
1591643965000.png
1591644112259.png
1591644162711.png
1591644318120.png
1591644378956.png
1591644408666.png

For reference here are the kexts that were in the EFI by default:

1591644318120.png

Also for reference, I first loaded optimized defaults in my bios and then changed the settings per the linked above Catalina Install guide:
1591644408666.png

Anyone have any ideas? Any help is greatly appreciated! :D

Put this in your kexts/Other folder in EFI and restart.

Post a screenshot if you get a different error.

Attachments

• NVMeFix.kext.zip
    14.4 KB · Views: 76
Thank you very much for your reply! I put the unzipped NVMeFix.kext into my kexts/Other folder. No Luck yet, but I'm happy to work with you (or whoever else) to figure this out. :)

The NVMe error is the same, but I noticed there is a line that was really long in the first picture of the error from my first post. Not sure if it means anything different, but I at least figured I'd show so you have the latest and greatest. Also sharing my EFI.

I'll keep my eyes glued for a reply so I don't delay on my end. Thanks again for your help! I really appreciate it.

Error after adding NVMeFix kext.jpg

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 64
Backup your EFI and replace with that one.

Attachments

• EFI-blazenbass713.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 113
Dude you freaking rock!!! It's working and it's alive!!! So you have full history. I replaced my original EFI with the EFI-blazenbass713.zip extracted EFI folder. Watched the verbose boot complete and transition over to the apple logo and finished filling up the status bar and then grey screen mouse appeared and I'm about to select my language and continue with the original Catalina guide. Thank you so so much for your help and I'll continue to post status updates as I get farther along. I really appreciate you right now. :) If you don't mind me asking what is different about the EFI you sent me?

A couple more questions:
  1. Once macOS Catalina fully installs I'm going to put my graphics card back in: Sapphire NITRO+ RX 5700 XT 8G GDDR6 Do I need to add any kexts or configure or do anything special so it works? From the reading I did it shouldn't require anything, but not sure if you know.
  2. I also am going to install a Fenvi FV-T919 wifi/bt card. Do I need any kext or additional settings for that?

Last edited:
Dude you freaking rock!!! :) If you don't mind me asking what is different about the EFI you sent me?

That's a good news! :)

I replaced and added missing kexts and efi drivers
Your config was also missing the proper settings and SMBIOS that had to match your hardware/GPU.

I customized another EFI that you can try, it contains more tweaking (USB, NVRAM, power management... and support for your RX5700+iGPU in headless mode). So don't forget to change the Primary GPU to PCIe in your bios before you reboot with it. And plug your display on your RX5700.

And when your Hackintosh is fully working, you might wanna try to build an OpenCore EFI, it's more stable and modern, also faster boot time.

Attachments

• EFI-blazenbass713-RX5700.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 88
Wow you already answered my edited post graphics card questions haha! Only now the other question about my Fenvi-T919.

That card is known to be working OOB.

But if you have issues with it, you can create a new post later.

Awesome! I will follow your instructions. Thank you! :D Once I complete the full installation and I'm loaded to my Catalina desktop how do I add this new EFI-blazenbass713-RX5700.zip folder you sent? I can do some reading myself too.

I will probably ask you more soon about the OpenCore EFI, but for now I'm just going to continue with the Catalina install guide and get this fully operational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back