Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960, 4096MB GDDR5
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi!

I finished building my new hackintosh yesterday, and everything was working fine except the audio. When I boot the machine today, it won't go past the grey apple logo. I have tried booting from the usb stick, but it's the same result every time. When I boot in verbose mode, I stops at the message "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient : ready". I have read a lot of posts with similar problems, but none seems to help me much. I'll post some photos of the screen (sorry for the poor quality...).

IMG1356.jpgIMG1355.jpg

Thanks ;)

Hi!

I finished building my new hackintosh yesterday, and everything was working fine except the audio. When I boot the machine today, it won't go past the grey apple logo. I have tried booting from the usb stick, but it's the same result every time. When I boot in verbose mode, I stops at the message "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient : ready". I have read a lot of posts with similar problems, but none seems to help me much. I'll post some photos of the screen (sorry for the poor quality...).

View attachment 41341View attachment 41340

Thanks ;)

when you get to the unibeast screen press the arrow down key, it should give you option for safe booting. From there you should be able to reinstall the software.

when you get to the unibeast screen press the arrow down key, it should give you option for safe booting. From there you should be able to reinstall the software.

Thank you for your reply.
Acutally, it doesn't give me the option for safe booting... I have the alternatives; Boot, Boot Verbose, Boot Ignore Caches, Boot Single User, Memory Info, Video Info, Help.

Thank you for your reply.
Acutally, it doesn't give me the option for safe booting... I have the alternatives; Boot, Boot Verbose, Boot Ignore Caches, Boot Single User, Memory Info, Video Info, Help.

Press boot, but you will have to reinstall the software.

Thanks again.

I tried that now, but it's the same result: freeze at the grey apple logo.
Is there a way to reinstall the software without booting it?

I have tried using a usb key like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sGICm2tXkU

What version of software are you trying to install on your unit? Did you custom build it yourself? Did you follow the instructions on how o install your particular software! I'm just trying to get some info so I can help the best way I know how. So details about your setup would be great.

What version of software are you trying to install on your unit? Did you custom build it yourself? Did you follow the instructions on how o install your particular software! I'm just trying to get some info so I can help the best way I know how. So details about your setup would be great.

I build it myself, yes. And I followed the instructions found on tonymacx86.com

This is my hardware:
mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128 GB
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB lp
PSU: Corsair CX600

I have installed Mountain Lion using unibeast 1.5.3 and post-installation with multibeast 5.2.1. I used the DSDT files from tonymacx86 specific for my motherboard.
I might have chosen wrong graphics driver in multibeast as i forgot that I have 650 Ti, not 560 Ti... :oops:

I am very happy you take the time helping me out at this :thumbup:

I build it myself, yes. And I followed the instructions found on tonymacx86.com

This is my hardware:
mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti
CPU: Intel Core i5-3570
SSD: Samsung 830 Series 128 GB
Ram: Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB lp
PSU: Corsair CX600

I have installed Mountain Lion using unibeast 1.5.3 and post-installation with multibeast 5.2.1. I used the DSDT files from tonymacx86 specific for my motherboard.
I might have chosen wrong graphics driver in multibeast as i forgot that I have 650 Ti, not 560 Ti... :oops:

I am very happy you take the time helping me out at this :thumbup:

Ok! So your getting stuck at the white screen right? (Or as you say grey apple logo) I had the same issue as well. This is how I fixed it turn of then turn the unit. Once you get to the unibeast screen.( unibeast screen is where you choose your boot drive). Type PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The reason we are doing this, it is a graphics card issue that you will later fix using multibeast once u log in to your machine. So yeah try typing that text.

Put a space between 0 and Graphics like this (=0 GraphicsEnabler......)

Ok! So your getting stuck at the white screen right? (Or as you say grey apple logo) I had the same issue as well. This is how I fixed it turn of then turn the unit. Once you get to the unibeast screen.( unibeast screen is where you choose your boot drive). Type PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No. The reason we are doing this, it is a graphics card issue that you will later fix using multibeast once u log in to your machine. So yeah try typing that text.

So I typed "PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No" and it's still gettig stuck at the white screen. I tried it several times just to be sure I didn't type it wrong. What is the next thing to try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back