Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone :),

As you can tell by probably the side of my name, I am a new user to this site. I am looking to build a new decently speced computer for use of dual booting, whether its using Windows or Mac OS X Mavericks.

The following are the items that I have chose for this build:

Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-Z87X-OC (LGA1150)

GPU: ASUS GTX770-DC2OC-2GD5 (GTX 770)
--> Wondering if this maybe a better alternative (EVGA GTX): http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130921
PSU:
CORSAIR CXM series CX750M 750W Modular

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Haswell

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3

Case: Fractal Design Define R4
Storage: Samsung 840 SSD (256gb) w/ Mac OS X and another SSD for Windows OS

Main Questions:

1. Are these products easily compatible? (Most products were taken from the CustoMac Pro page)
2. Can I use the EVGA GTX 770 instead of using the ASUS GTX 770?
3. Any suggestions about the products chosen? Please do make comments on the items chosen, etc...

Thanks for your help!

Hope you are having a good day

Nice build! Looks strangely familiar.... :p

One thing you need to bear in mind is that Z87 boards need latest BIOS update to support 4790. Might need to get hold of a Haswell CPU to do this if a store or Gigabyte won't. An extra step to consider...

Can use any GTX770 brand you like really. I have the MSI and like it. EVGA are nice too. Considered the 'premium' version by some and does have good compatibility with back plates and water cooling solutions if thats your thing.

Everything else looks good. Need a CPU cooler if you plan to OC the 4790k.

Nice build! Looks strangely familiar.... :p

One thing you need to bear in mind is that Z87 boards need latest BIOS update to support 4790. Might need to get hold of a Haswell CPU to do this if a store or Gigabyte won't. An extra step to consider...

Can use any GTX770 brand you like really. I have the MSI and like it. EVGA are nice too. Considered the 'premium' version by some and does have good compatibility with back plates and water cooling solutions if thats your thing.

Everything else looks good. Need a CPU cooler if you plan to OC the 4790k.

Thanks so much! :D

I am now choosing the Haswell i7-4770K processor instead of the 4790. As well I will be going with most likely an Msi GTX 770 2gb instead as you said :).

Thanks again for your guidance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back