Contribute
Register

New Hack won't wake up from sleep w USB Keyboard - works fine w power button

I have a feeling that you may have to live with the ‘wake from power button’ process on this system.

I have a feeling that you may have to live with the ‘wake from power button’ process on this system.
Not the end of the world but what makes you say that? I think it's the element of wanting to solve it more than anything! If a z590 can do it, I think the z790 should too, as both have unsupported controllers, AFAIK

Apple making changes to their OS/USB/BT stack as they gear up for the macOS Sonoma release. As they get ready to drop more peripherals that were previously natively supported.

Just finished testing, so to be more precise

There's an option to have it handled by bios, with a usb option. Or I can switch bios to OS

If I have bios with usb enabled, or OS, I get an instant wake from sleep, with bluetooth properly mapped as internal, etc.
And I tried a few things to fix this route, like gpwr patch, etc.

If it's on bios with the options disabled, it sleeps properly, but will only wake with the power button. Then usbs work fine

Let me try this
Instant wake is a good sign that means USB wake is working. You should work from there. And the next step is to debug wake reasons and fix for each of them

Instant wake is a good sign that means USB wake is working. You should work from there. And the next step is to debug wake reasons and fix for each of them
Yeah that's what I was thinking, to go that route.
though the dortania guide does say enabling it in the bios may lead to random start ups.

I can't imagine what it would be such that USBs are causing the instant wake. They're mapped correctly so the mystic light controller is outside the map

when I ran grep for wake reason I got CNVi. which would point to network wouldnt it?

when I ran grep for wake reason I got CNVi. which would point to network wouldnt it?
Just wanted to throw it out there. Have you tried disabling wake by LAN/network option in BIOS?

Apple making changes to their OS/USB/BT stack as they gear up for the macOS Sonoma release. As they get ready to drop more peripherals that were previously natively supported.
meaning it's a new interference, via like monterey or above?

@TripleYoThreat,

aHave you looked at disabling the S4 power mode in BIOS? It may help with the wake up issues.

I didnt see that option in the MSI Bios

Just wanted to throw it out there. Have you tried disabling wake by LAN/network option in BIOS?
All were disabled except USB devices, in the examples above

---

I think living with it might be the answer. In that case my question is just why if this isn't an issue even on Z590s. or is it deeper than the fact that it's a Z790. Thanks in advance!!

Back