Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi hope all are well!

This is a crazy one.

Brand spankin new Z790, ports mapped, all that, gettin killer geekbench scores.

Goes to sleep just fine, won't return from it, except with the power button. but thank god it works fine there.

So should be a nice an easy fix for this naw?

Tried USBWakeFixup.kext, no go. Though that's for makin 2 clicks into one lol.

Any ideas here?

Thanks!

Try remove "SSDT-GPRW.aml" from SSDT list

Try remove "SSDT-GPRW.aml" from SSDT list
It was disabled. Tried with and without it, no go :( tried with and without that & usbpower.kext, going to upload efi here as well

here it is. actual rig has usbtoolbox & utbmap as well, did it twice

Attachments

• OC.zip
    3 MB · Views: 36
Goes to sleep just fine, won't return from it, except with the power button.
I have a build that works in exactly the same way.
I don't mind because the power button is easily accessible so I just give it a short press to wake from sleep.

I did spend a few idle moments trying to figure out why and decided that the power cuts off to the keyboard and mouse ports when the machine enters sleep.
If there is no power to the peripherals then they cannot be used to wake from sleep.
Maybe if you set the keyboard/mouse ports to internal in your port map that might help.

and decided that the power cuts off to the keyboard and mouse ports when the machine enters sleep.
That's what I figured. But still, curious as to why, if this isn't an issue on my z490 or z590 builds

USB mapped. What could it be that these boards need? Something to keep these USBs powered? I tried usbpower.kext

Check your bios 'Wake' and 'USB' options, to ensure you haven't disabled the option to wake the system using a keyboard or mouse click.

Check your bios 'Wake' and 'USB' options, to ensure you haven't disabled the option to wake the system using a keyboard or mouse click.
Tried with it on and off & there's an option to have wake handled by OS, tried that as well.
No go

it's the
MSI Pro Z790A Wi-Fi
13900KF
96GB 6400MHz DDR5 (running at 6000MHz four slots)
Gen4 SSDs

your suggestions are really appreciated, all!

Again, thankfully sleep itself is functioning no problem - and returning from it!
it's just a matter of getting it to do it via usb / keyboard
FWIW, tried a bluetooth keyboard / mouse too, same deal

Just finished testing, so to be more precise

There's an option to have it handled by bios, with a usb option. Or I can switch bios to OS

If I have bios with usb enabled, or OS, I get an instant wake from sleep, with bluetooth properly mapped as internal, etc.
And I tried a few things to fix this route, like gpwr patch, etc.

If it's on bios with the options disabled, it sleeps properly, but will only wake with the power button. Then usbs work fine

Try to add wake parameter into XHC controller directly and see if it works: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore...l#method-1-add-wake-type-property-recommended
Let me try this

Back