Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
There really is no need to access them. It works automatically without user intervention.

Okay. What function does installing it serve then?

Okay. What function does installing it serve then?

On systems that don't have working NVRAM such as Z390, NVRAM settings don't get saved. Therefore, NVRAM needs to be emulated. The RC scripts saves NVRAM data to a file as a workaround. It works in conjunction with EmuVariableUEFI.efi.

Didn't know that, sounds pretty useful then!

Please try enabling the following to see if it makes any difference:
View attachment 443673

Also, do you have the RC scripts installed so that your NVRAM settings are saved to a file?

Audio drop out just happened again, with AppleRTC enabled. Was using my display port input this time as well! Not sure where to go from here tbh......
It could be happening only after waking from sleep but it's hard to tell as it's not immediate, can take a while to drop out.

Audio drop out just happened again, with AppleRTC enabled. Was using my display port input this time as well! Not sure where to go from here tbh......

This was on DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable?

This was on DisplayPort to DisplayPort cable?
No, I'm using an hdmi cable into active hdmi to dp adapter into the Radeon vii dp. Previously I was just using hdmi port directlly. My monitor doesn't have any dp ports.
Update: Definitely not due to sleep/wake. I restarted my computer, and without sleeping again the audio drop out occurred...

Last edited:
No, I'm using an hdmi cable into active hdmi to dp adapter into the Radeon vii dp. Previously I was just using hdmi port directlly.
My monitor doesn't have any dp ports

Hmm... My experiences with HDMI has been mediocre, at best... My DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors were never very helpful either.

Please try:
HDMI to HDMI cable.
Lower resolution to 1080p (low res, as in NOT HiDPI).

Hmm... My experiences with HDMI has been mediocre, at best... My DisplayPort to HDMI adaptors were never very helpful either.

Please try:
HDMI to HDMI cable.
I have been using hdmi to hdmi cable this whole time up until today. Adapter was just to test the Displayport issues. However I will test it on the low resolution setting for comparison.

These days everyone just copies the EFI folders over, and few people run the installer!

Problems with that are: rc scripts (are they only for emulated NVRAM?)
missing bdmesg binary

Are there any others, for a UEFI system?

Please try:
HDMI to HDMI cable.

Can confirm I'm still getting the audio dropouts using HDMI to HDMI cable from HDMI port at 1080p only. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back