Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, it was just a typo.

@pastrychef, it indicates non working NVRAM?

edited to add: my HDMI audio doesn't have this problem. But I don't sleep this system at all. Some problems like this could come up only after the computer sleeps and wakes once. Another possibility is that it's some difference due to not having an IGPU. (if it's not just an nvram thing)

Last edited:
Yeah, it was just a typo.

@pastrychef, it indicates non working NVRAM?

edited to add: my HDMI audio doesn't have this problem. But I don't sleep this system at all. Some problems like this could come up only after the computer sleeps and wakes once. Another possibility is that it's some difference due to not having an IGPU. (if it's not just an nvram thing)

It does look like it's an NVRAM issue. I would try different Aptio fixes.

For what it's worth, I rely on sleep/wake extensively, don't have IGPU enabled, and HDMI/DisplayPort audio has never given me a problem. WhateverGreen enables HDMI/DisplayPort audio for me. Without WhateverGreen, I don't have HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 9.37.40 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 9.37.56 PM.png

Alright thanks for the help, will read up on it and get back to you.

Update: Just tried my LG Monitor (4K one) using the display ports instead and am getting intermittent signal loss, it flickers in and out every 10 seconds or so. Very frustrating. Check video.

I don't think this issue is related to Sleep/wake as it occurs whenever I use the DP input. Could just be a separate problem to the HDMI stuff though!

Last edited:
It does look like it's an NVRAM issue. I would try different Aptio fixes.

For what it's worth, I rely on sleep/wake extensively, don't have IGPU enabled, and HDMI/DisplayPort audio has never given me a problem. WhateverGreen enables HDMI/DisplayPort audio for me. Without WhateverGreen, I don't have HDMI/DisplayPort audio.

it was the same for me with my old card (RX570). Everything was working perfectly including HDMI Audio with only whatevergreen. Sleep was never an issue.

it was the same for me with my old card (RX570). Everything was working perfectly including HDMI Audio with only whatevergreen. Sleep was never an issue.

Please post your EFI folder.

Thanks for taking the time!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    17.7 MB · Views: 80
Thanks for taking the time!

Please try enabling the following to see if it makes any difference:
Screen Shot 2020-01-05 at 7.29.17 AM.png

Also, do you have the RC scripts installed so that your NVRAM settings are saved to a file?

Please try enabling the following to see if it makes any difference:
View attachment 443673

Also, do you have the RC scripts installed so that your NVRAM settings are saved to a file?

Just enabled and waiting to see if the HDMI audio cuts out again.

Intermittent video signal loss appears to be due to the active HDMI to DP adapter that I was using for my 4K TV monitor. Swapped it for another one and the problem has gone. :)

I don't have RC scripts installed, but will do so now.

Thanks again.

Installed RC scripts via Clover. How and where do I access them?

Read post that wrote they are located in /etc/rc.boot.d/ I have these files in that location:

Screenshot 2020-01-05 at 13.16.38.png

Installed RC scripts via Clover. How and where do I access them?

Read post that they are located in /etc/rc.boot.d/ I have these files in that location:

View attachment 443677

There really is no need to access them. It works automatically without user intervention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back