Contribute
Register

New AMD Radeon VII on my Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw that mentioned but what hardware exactly did he/she think it might harm? The BIOS, the motherboard, the RAM?

Search Google for "I unleashed a plague upon you guys and I am sorry for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000." to find the dev's post. According to him, "this driver basically ensures that eventually, your hardware will be damaged regardless of your actions."

Knowing this, I went through a lot of trial and error testing to find an alternative to OsxAtioFix2Drv-free2000 that works. It works well enough but it's not perfect and it's likely that Z390 never will be based on comments I've seen from vit96969 (dev of Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC among many others). I've settled on using OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2.

Last edited:
Search Google for "I unleashed a plague upon you guys and I am sorry for OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000." to find the dev's post. According to him, "this driver basically ensures that eventually, your hardware will be damaged regardless of your actions."

Knowing this, I went through a lot of trial and error testing to find an alternative to OsxAtioFix2Drv-free2000 that works. It works well enough but it's not perfect and it's likely that Z390 never will be based on comments I've seen from vit96969 (dev of Lilu/WhateverGreen/AppleALC among many others). I've settled on using OsxAptioFix3Drv + EmuVariableUefi + Test2.

Thanks. Let us see if CaseySJ comes up with another recommended way to get the Z390 Designare hacked. Maybe for Catalina, maybe using OpenCore. Until then I will take my chance.

first EmuVariableUefi is to use. then OsxAptioFix3Drv

Hey All, just installed a Radeon VII (direct from AMD) to go with my update to Mojave 10.14.6. Got the system running. Things seem OK, but I seem to be getting low OpenCL scores (~50,000 in geekbench 5). Any direction to point me in? Does this have to do with updating vbios?

I have latest lilu and whatevergreen. smbios is imacpro.

Maybe I was mistaken by the impressions of the OpenCL results on the Geekbench benchmark chart (around 82,000)

I also notice performance in DaVinci Resolve is quite poor compared to the 1080Ti previously in the system under Sierra.

Maybe I was mistaken by the impressions of the OpenCL results on the Geekbench benchmark chart (around 82,000)

I also notice performance in DaVinci Resolve is quite poor compared to the 1080Ti previously in the system under Sierra.

You got 82,000 on Open CL in Geekbench 5 with the Radeon VII?

No I get 50,000. Their charts show a higher result for the radeon vii.

Of course now I have a more concerning problem in that it seems that I am either getting total system freezes or USB just stops working. Not good.

No I get 50,000. Their charts show a higher result for the radeon vii.

Of course now I have a more concerning problem in that it seems that I am either getting total system freezes or USB just stops working. Not good.

I highly doubt the Radeon VII has anything to do with USB.

I've had uptimes of about a week on my Radeon VII system and only restarted to update other stuff.

Well hard to say exactly what it is. Mouse is totally frozen. I suggested a USB issue because the screen was updating and I caps lock and number lock didn't illuminate their respective lights on the keyboard.

Edit: it's definitely freezing and I can't fugue out the next direction to go. Tried a fresh mojave install and still hangs eventually.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back