Contribute
Register

network preferences crashes when booted from harddrive, internet only connects when booted from 10.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey, i've been having this problem for a little bit but only now have been able to get around to fixing it. It started when i was running 10.7 on a gigabyte z68x ud3h board. Just bought the gtx 660 and I have been getting ready to put it in by fixing this other problem first.

I upgraded to 10.8.3, and everything is working except for the internet. I have installed a number of different ethernet kext's (putting everything on a USB drive and bringing them over to the hackintosh) correctly and the "network diagnostics" in Safari is still all red (no ethernet, etc.)

When i try and adjust settings in the network preferences, i click on the pane from system preferences and it starts "loading network preferences" but soon after doing this i will get the loading wheel, followed by "system preferences not responding" and will have to force quit.

I tried booting from the mountain lion usb and used the network utility from within that, and i have full connection to the internet.

Any suggestions are welcome!

oh yeah, I currently have the lnx2mac kext installed but have tried many

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back