Contribute
Register

Neither Sierra HFS nor High Sierra Installation Bootable USB are booting!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z170X Designare - s1151
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1070
Hello!

I have macOS Sierra on my Hackintosh for about two years now.
It was stable and all but I decided to upgrade to High Sierra and I found that I could do it with just a regular update like normal mac users instead of a clean install and a do-all-over again from scratch. So I prepared for the OS update by updating Clover first and then copy/paste the "apfs.efi" file to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ as the installation guide said. (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/update-directly-to-macos-high-sierra.232707/)
Then I downloaded High Sierra from the app store and as long as it was done, I closed the PC to continue the installation today.
But today when I got the usual clover boot screen with the HFS and the RECOVERY choices, I chose the HSF as always and I got a black screen where nothing was happening!
I tried to boot from recovery, same thing!
I made a bootable USB with Unibeast and High Sierra installation .dmg in it, from a friend's macbook, I pluged it and chose that so I can erase and clean install but again I got the same black screen!
I have made a back up so I don't have any problem to erase and clean install the disk but I don't know how to format a disk from clover's UEFI shell (if that's even possible) or how can I go into disk utillity from clover or something else!
I would much appreciate any kind of help!

Thanks in advance!

D.

Please enter your hardware components in your Personal Details section of your account as per the Rules: Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you. They are only for listing components and details of your primary system you are seeking assistance for.
Desktop profile field recommendations:
  • Motherboard: limited to manufacturer, model, UEFI/BIOS version and boot loader separated by "-", i.e. ASUS ROG Strix Z370-E Gaming - 1002 - Clover UEFI.
  • For Pre-built computers simply state the PC make model and form factor i.e. HP 8300 SFF - Dell 7010 MT etc.
  • CPU: limited to model number and clock speed if over-clocked, i.e. i7-8700 or i7-8700K OC 4.5 GHz.
  • Graphics: limited to model, i.e. GTX 1070, R9 570, HD 4000, HD 630 or GTX 1060 / HD 630.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back