Contribute
Register

Needs help on Gigabyte Brix BNi7HG4-950 for macOS Sierra 10.12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think results are mixed. I've never had any reason to verify or use it...

I would tend to use an SMBIOS that allows Nvidia, so you don't have to worry about it.
I would still prefer to try something with this kext.
====
I messed up. Please remove this reply.

Last edited:

I would tend to use an SMBIOS that allows Nvidia, so you don't have to worry about it.
Please remove my previous reply. I think I had messed up something. The board-id is still there, and I am still thinking of possible ways to make a clover hotfix possible.

I just tried iMac 14,2 on my Brix but I still have to use CPUS=X (X=Hyperthreading cores - 1) to boot macOS Sierra.
Good thing is that I won't need AGDPFix anymore. Thanks for your suggestion.

Has anyone solved the problem that we need to add cpus=7 to the BOOT arguments?

I patched the DSDT, generated a proper SSDT and power management works as it should.
But nevertheless the machine doesn't boot without the cpus argument.

Has anyone solved the problem that we need to add cpus=7 to the BOOT arguments?

I patched the DSDT, generated a proper SSDT and power management works as it should.
But nevertheless the machine doesn't boot without the cpus argument.

You need to check this comment on the GitHub:
https://github.com/Piker-Alpha/ssdtPRGen.sh/issues/314#issuecomment-287240938

I personally don't think it could work for BRIX because it needs a "HWP support model" in your Clover settings: e.g. MacBook9,1, MacBookPro13,1, MacBookPro13,2, MacBookPro13,3. These are all laptop models but not iMac models. If anyone tested that it works well with Skylake Brix Game UHD, please inform us here by leaving your reply, thanks.

hi shikisuen, I also have same problem with acpi error _sb_.pci0.xhc_.rhub.hs11, have u solved with all cpu ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back