CPU
Core i3 3220
Graphics
Gt 740
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
i installed macOS sierra on my hackintosh using clover on a usb drive using the neccesary kexts etc, the install went ok and after the install (the one before you setup an account and that stuff) it wont load, i've tried removing my graphics card (asus gt740) a few different boot flags, re-seating my memory and i am currently sat without my graphics card in using the intergrated graphics with just -v and i have this (picture 2) after id typed this out and uploaded the pictures i got (picture 1)

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

(I have a pretty unusual set of specs)
specs: Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3V
Processor: intel core i3 3220 3.3ghz
Memory: 8gb of generic memory
Graphics: Asus gt740
HDD: toshiba 2.5" 160gb

IMG_0390[1].JPG
IMG_0388[1].JPG

i installed macOS sierra on my hackintosh using clover on a usb drive using the neccesary kexts etc, the install went ok and after the install (the one before you setup an account and that stuff) it wont load, i've tried removing my graphics card (asus gt740) a few different boot flags, re-seating my memory and i am currently sat without my graphics card in using the intergrated graphics with just -v and i have this (picture 2) after id typed this out and uploaded the pictures i got (picture 1)

Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

(I have a pretty unusual set of specs)
specs: Mobo: Gigabyte GA-H61M-USB3V
Processor: intel core i3 3220 3.3ghz
Memory: 8gb of generic memory
Graphics: Asus gt740
HDD: toshiba 2.5" 160gb

View attachment 218264View attachment 218263
The error says you have duplicate AppleIntelFramebufferCapri HDCPctrl kext. I suspect you have a mix of Intel HD graphic kexts causing the problem. You may have to reinstall using your Intel IGFX . In the interim you may try:
Boot with -v -f .

If that fails, boot using the flags -v -x

In most cases you may end up having to reinstall.

PS. I have a GA-H61M-HD2 with i5+ Visiontek Radeon 5450 with el Capitan, Sierra 10.12.1 Windows 10. and Linux Mint 18 multi-disk -Multiboot . I strongly feel you should be able to run the system OK.
Good luck

Last edited:
The error says you have duplicate AppleIntelFramebufferCapri HDCPctrl kext. I suspect you have a mix of Intel HD graphic kexts causing the problem. You may have to reinstall using your Intel IGFX . In the interim you may try:
Boot with -v -f .

If that fails, boot using the flags -v -x

In most cases you may end up having to reinstall.

PS. I have a GA-H61M-HD2 with i5+ Visiontek Radeon 5450 with el Capitan, Sierra 10.12.1 Windows 10. and Linux Mint 18 multi-disk -Multiboot . I strongly feel you should be able to run the system OK.
Good luck
Thanks, ill try these suggestions and update when I've done :)

@cmn699 should i use InjectIntel in the clover options ?

I have used it without problem even with Add-on Video card.
I've booted into the installer with no graphics card using the intergrated graphics, booted up fine with no boot flags and now none of my drives are showing up in disk utility

Attachments

• IMG_0401.JPG
    IMG_0401.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 245
This sounds like Hardware issue:
Shut down the Computer. Power Off , Open the case and please make sure your Hard disks are connected to the Motherboard SATA connectors with SATA cables well seated at both SATA ports with Good SATA Cables and the Devices Have Good SATA Power Cords from the PSU firmly seated and then reboot and go to the BIOS Setup and See the Section where connected HDDs are shown against each SATA Port and make sure none is disabled .

By the way, until you get a well functioning Sierra System, DO NOT CONNECT any other drives, other than the only HDD on which you plan to install your Sierra after Partitioning and Formatting it to whatever number of partitions you intend to do.

Once you get your system back in good order after Updating to the latest Sierra and all your Peripherals working to your satisfaction, then you may connect other drives.

By the way, until you get a well functioning Sierra System, DO NOT CONNECT any other drives, other than the only HDD on which you plan to install your Sierra after Partitioning and Formatting it to whatever number of partitions you intend to do.

Once you get your system back in good order after Updating to the latest Sierra and all your Peripherals working to your satisfaction, then you may connect other drives.
I checked my bios and when I was changing some settings in regards to graphics earlier I had changed the SATA mode to IDE so I changed it to AHCI and my drive appeared in disk utility after that now installing, I've unplugged my windows 10 drive and my Yosemite drive also I'll be sure to update soon thankyou :)

Thank you for the feed back. In that scenario of missing HDD on Disk utility, there is either a problem with the hardware at the level of the MoBO or a messed up BIOS Configuration option. I like to start from the hardware to software as that is the way we normally build our Computer System!
Good luck. You are on your way to your Sierra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back