Contribute
Register

Need help starting from 10.9.5, should it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z87X-UD3H
CPU
i7 4790k OC 4,6Gz
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 770 WINDFORCE OC3 2Gb
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

I just spent money in a build, it's the first time I do that, here is the build :

Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H

i7 4790k 4Ghz

CRUCIAL BT 16GB (2X8GB) 1866

Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 770 WindoForce OC 2Gb

Samsung EVO840256Gb

Corsair H60 (cpu cooler)

Corsair CS550M

Fractal Design Define R4 case

So I updated the BIOS of my MB as a lot of people with the same MB advised to, I'm now on bios version F8m, all set up like advised as well. Should be working.

I then downloaded Maverick on the mac app store but is os 10.9.5, so i think it might not work ? Cause I tried and each time I manage to boot the installer made from unibeast, install maverick, and reboot (always in safe mode otherwise does not work), and when it comes to set up multi beast and install all the kext, I'm stuck and not able to reboot after (or only in safe mode), I get difference error which seems random [update = see 2d post below]

I was wondering if it is because of my version of mavericks, and maybe I should rather try with 10.9.4 ? Problem is there is now way to find 10.9.4 on the App Store and unibeast only work with installers downloaded from app store.

I've been stuck for 48h now, reinstalled 10times and still stuck...I feel a bit desperate, I tried all the boot flags, I tried different multi beast config (DSDT free and EasyBeast), I can't get it to work and feel really sad :(

if some one can help me, that would be nice

thank you

up !

So, I just formatted in reinstalled,
as usual were not able to go trough without -x flag, but ok I installed again (10.9.5), here is the multi beast config I made :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411302441-capture-d-ecran-2014-09-21-a-04-05-33.png

and here is what I get in verbose when trying to boot :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411302251-photo.jpg

tried safe mode but same result.

I dont understand why it is so hard, I see a lot of people with the same MOBO and GPU working fine...

Feel like I just waisted 1100 pounds :/
any idea would be appreciated

Your MultiBeast options a not correct. Did you manage to get to the desktop by using the HD4600 graphics of your GPU?

I am going to give you the correct MutiBeast options to get running but that depends on how you managed to get to the desktop in the first place.

Thanks man, finally an answer you're like a god to me

I never tried to go trough the integrated graphics, I only tried with integrated disabled on the bios and graphicsEnabler=no

what should I do, restored from scratch with good advices from you ?

do you have a skype or something where we can chat ?
I'm really desperate

otherwise thanks anyway I'm happy on the forum as well

I can understand your situation. I just installed 10.9.5 on a GA-z87-ud5h with clover after about 50 installation.
I suggest to install with only 1 stick of ram and with your gpu.

I went back in my bios and enabler the integrated graphics, then start to boot with -x -v GraphicsEnable=Yes maxmem=4096

but still stuck with this time a panic cpu fault after the last line

------

edit = I already just have 1 stick of ram as advised
So you suggest me to remove the GPU from the MOBO and restart from scratch ?

Thanks man, finally an answer you're like a god to me

Lets take this step by step. Fresh Installation is the easiest way to correct some of the incorrect MultiBeast options.

I never tried to go trough the integrated graphics, I only tried with integrated disabled on the bios and graphicsEnabler=no

GraphicsEnabler=No - its case sensitive, but you could be typing this on a phone or other mobile device. Just make sure that it is correct when you use it during the installation. :thumbup:

what should I do, restored from scratch with good advices from you ?

Fresh Install - its the only way to do this quickly

do you have a skype or something where we can chat ?
I'm really desperate

Not allowed to use Skype/chat or other option. Problems are solved on the threads so others can find answers easily using the search facility.

otherwise thanks anyway I'm happy on the forum as well

So am I.

When you have completed a fresh installation. Use the latest version of MultiBeast and use:
Quick Start/DSDT Free
Drivers/Network/One of the Intel ethernet options
Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALCxxx/898

Reboot - you may need to use -v or -x or both. IGPEnabler=No may be possible.

Reply back with results - but I expect that will get you running.

Ok I'll go for that AdrianB
Many thanks, I'll post the result here step by step, editing this post.

For information :

Removed 1 stick of ram, only 1 stick left (8Gb)
Apple Keyboard (with wire) + Mouse on two USB 2 front ports.

MOBO BIOS F8m setings as in squadSeven's build (http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...-4770k-ga-z87x-ud3h-16gb-ram-gtx-780-3gb.html) :
Update the motherboard's BIOS to version F8m via the instructions in the post below. You need to use F8m to get a stable system up and running.
2. Enter the Bios and Press F2 to load the Classic View
3. Press F7 to load optimized default values then proceed to change it.
3.1. Under Peripherals > xHCI Mode, change it to AUTO
3.2. Under Peripherals > xHCI Hand-OFF, change it to ENABLED
3.3. Under Peripherals > EHCI Hand-OFF, Change it to Enabled
3.4. Under Peripherals > Internal Graphics, Change it to Disabled.
3.5. Under Peripherals > Init Display First, change it to the PCIe slot that you placed your graphics card in.
3.6. Under Power Management > Wake on Lan, change it to Disabled.
3.7. Under BIOS Features > Boot Options, change it to your boot disk but pick the one that starts with P2 or some number like that.
- Do not select the UEFI version else you will get the missing operating system error.
4. Save and Exit Bios.

---------------------------------------------

Step 1 Install : Os 10.9.5 bootable usb key made with Unibeast 4.0.2 (latest)
=> booting on it with -x -v, otherwise go trough verbose but stuck with :beachball: on light grey background... keep going trough install with -x -v right now.

=> launch disk utility and formatting my SSD

=> installing Maverick

=> Maverick successfully installed

Setp 2 post Install :

=> Booting on usb stick, but selecting Mavericks instead of usb

=> Does not go trough, stuck with this :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411306827-image.jpeg

Last line appeared after 2mins hanging, and I can put text in after.

=> retrying booting with -x -v on usb stick selecting mavericks

=> reached os x starting set up, setting up my account (just so you know : language French, no internet connexion, no backup or data recovery)

=> I'm now on Maverick , in safe mode : http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411307237-capture-d-ecran-2014-09-21-a-05-36-23.png

=> Launching Multibeast (dragged it to application folder, from usb key) .
Multi beast configured as you told me :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411307241-capture-d-ecran-2014-09-21-a-05-37-16.png

Installed
Trying to restart with just -v

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back