Contribute
Register

Need help starting from 10.9.5, should it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whow!
Go it with :
DropSSDT=No GenerateCStates=No GeneratePStates=No -v -x

I'm now on Mavericks again!
I'm happy to read what is in the link but not sure I will take a good decision after. But I start reading :)

What do you think I should do now ?

many thanks!!

Whow!
Go it with :
DropSSDT=No GenerateCStates=No GeneratePStates=No -v -x

I'm now on Mavericks again!
I'm happy to read what is in the link but not sure I will take a good decision after. But I start reading :)

What do you think I should do now ?

many thanks!!

For now, you can edit your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist to set GenerateC/PStates=No. DropSSDT is probably unspecified (it is default No). Then you can work on booting without safe mode (graphics issues, I suppose). Come back to power management when you have graphics working and non-safemode boot, maybe.

Ok
I edited the boot.playlist and replacer "Yes" by "No" for both GeneratePState and Cstate.
Then reboot, just in verbose mode, and got this, which is different now :

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/38/1411312571-photo-5.jpg

you think It comes from my GPU ? I'm pretty noob so I don't know how to fix that

anyway thanks a lot for your time and help

My Nvidia, in DVI
But internal graphics is not disabled in the bios

and in the boot.plist, GraphicsEmabler is set to No

My Nvidia, in DVI
But internal graphics is not disabled in the bios

and in the boot.plist, GraphicsEmabler is set to No

Disable internal graphics in BIOS. Make sure GraphicsEnabler is spelled correctly :)

Sorry, my mistake
it was already disabled in Bios

Yes sorry for the misspell x)

Should I try to activate it and plug my screen on my MOBO and boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?
Just random suggestion as I feel so unpowerfulll... ><

thanks a lot

Sorry, my mistake
it was already disabler in Bios

Yes sorry for the misspell x)

Should I try to activate it and plug my screen on my MOBO and boot with GraphicsEnabler=Yes ?
Just random suggestion as I feel so unpowerfulll... ><

thanks a lot

Do you have VT-d disabled in BIOS? If so, then there may be others more qualified to answer questions about getting the nvidia to work (I don't have the hardware).

You could always see if you can get running with internal graphics (remove the nvidia) and add the gfx card later (IGPEnabler=Yes).

VT-d is disabled already, yes
Ok, As I have nothing to do and I'm stuck I will try to boot without safe mode with the internal Graphics

So I just put IGPEnabler=No in my boot.plist and it will disable my GPU ? no need to remove it from the MOBO ? Or that's what you keen by remove the Nvidia, like physically remove it ?

many thanks

VT-d is disabled already, yes
Ok, As I have nothing to do and I'm stuck I will try to boot without safe mode with the internal Graphics

So I just put IGPEnabler=No in my boot.plist and it will disable my GPU ? no need to remove it from the MOBO ? Or that's what you keen by remove the Nvidia, like physically remove it ?

many thanks

IGPEnabler is for the integrated Intel gfx.
GraphicsEnabler is for non-natively supported discrete cards (and integrated when discrete cards are not present).

To keep things simple, I would remove the nvidia hardware (physically), then use IGPEnabler=Yes to enable injection for your Intel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back