Contribute
Register

Need help starting from 10.9.5, should it work ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please note that 'crococroc' does not have a 9-series board.

8 series board with 9 series processor - so mixed configuration. There is not an iMac using this desktop processor yet. That is why I suggest remaining on Mac pro 3,1 system definition rather than changing it when adding trim support.

Sorry if this wasn't clear.

Ok thanks for the detail guys :) !

But I just need to understand something, what multi beast does is just adding some kext ?

If I launch it and tick only the Trim enabler box, and then install, will it install it without touching the rest, or will it actually also remove all the kexts that I did not ticked but which were there from the previous run ?

many thanks :)

8 series board with 9 series processor - so mixed configuration. There is not an iMac using this desktop processor yet. That is why I suggest remaining on Mac pro 3,1 system definition rather than changing it when adding trim support.

Sorry if this wasn't clear.

I would not refer to Haswell refresh CPUs as a "9-series processor". Still 4th gen Core i-series.

Ok thanks for the detail guys :) !

But I just need to understand something, what multi beast does is just adding some kext ?

If I launch it and tick only the Trim enabler box, and then install, will it install it without touching the rest, or will it actually also remove all the kexts that I did not ticked but which were there from the previous run ?

many thanks :)

Move the MultiBeast that you used only yesterday and move it to the trash. Download the latest MultiBeast and select only the trim option. Doing this will not effect anything else that you have previously installed from MultiBeast and will only add the trim feature.

MultiBeast will not remove any kexts that have been installed before. That is why it is important to know what you are installing is the correct option.

Incorrectly selected Kexts or MultiBeast option need to be removed manually. A description is given to each option on what is installed and where is can be located. If you need to know more on this then I suggest opening a new thread.

thanks ! That's pretty clear :)

little question,

how do I know if it is actually my GTX which is running ?
iStat Menu shows me both GTX 770 and HD 4600

I'm booting with GraphicsEnabler=No , so should not be any integrated graphics visible no ? It also show a framerate per second, and nothing for the GTX

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411513002-capture-d-ecran-2014-09-23-a-23-56-20.png
(don't pay attention to the processor, I'm rendering)

thanks

They are both probably running. You can tell by looking at ioreg. And there are probably other ways (System Information), but ioreg provides the most info.

GraphicsEnabler=No won't necessarily stop HD4600 since IGPEnabler could still be Yes.

little question,

how do I know if it is actually my GTX which is running ?
iStat Menu shows me both GTX 770 and HD 4600

I'm booting with GraphicsEnabler=No , so should not be any integrated graphics visible no ? It also shows a framerate per second, and nothing for the GTX

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/39/1411513002-capture-d-ecran-2014-09-23-a-23-56-20.png
(don't pay attention to the processor, I'm rendering)

thanks

Do you have GraphicsEnabler=No listed in your Extra / org.chameleon.Boot.plist ?

You could also set IGPEnabler=No and make sure that integrated graphics are disabled in the UEFI/BIOS settings.

Ok thanks guys, I've put the IGPEnabler=No in my boot.plist and disabled integrated graphics from the bios, now seems I'm only using the GTX :)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back