Motherboard
Asus prime z390-p
CPU
i9 9900
Graphics
intel UHD630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Currently running Catalina. I'm currently using Clover. I would like to go to OpenCore as my main boot loader. I have been trying for a long time to make it work unsuccessfully. I really don't want or need a dGpu. I really don't need that much video power. Please, I need some help.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    4.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thank you very much!! Your information will help. I have a really big problem to solve in the mean time. When I hit the English character "a". The Russian equivalent alphabetic character appears. All my menu headings are in Russian and all my menu items are in Russian. I hope you can read this.

Thank you very much!! Your information will help. I have a really big problem to solve in the mean time. When I hit the English character "a". The Russian equivalent alphabetic character appears. All my menu headings are in Russian and all my menu items are in Russian. I hope you can read this.
change this:
Code:
<key>prev-lang:kbd</key>
                <data>emgtSGFuczoyNTI=</data>

to:

Code:
                <string>en-US:0</string>

and reset nvram

Currently running Catalina. I'm currently using Clover. I would like to go to OpenCore as my main boot loader. I have been trying for a long time to make it work unsuccessfully. I really don't want or need a dGpu. I really don't need that much video power. Please, I need some help.
Hi there,

If it helps there is an Opencore Monterey build for your Asus Z390-P which should work perfectly > https://github.com/clyang/ASUS-PRIME-Z390P_i5-9500_OpenCore

When I type sudo nvram -c into the terminal I get an error that says Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit/common) not permitted.

You can remove it completely then I will ask you at the beginning of the installation.

Code:
                    <data></data>

When the startup window appears, click the spacebar and there you will have the option to Reset NVRAM.

usb-picker-jpg.516813

If you are following Dortain's instructions (which is the only reasonable way because you will learn how to set up the whole file) then let us know what stage you are at.

The instructions also guide you in such a way that you have debug mode enabled which creates a file from each run.

That is:
  • let us know what stage you are at
  • upload your configuration file or the entire EFI directory without serial number information if you have already generated it
  • upload your debug file

This is the easiest way to help you.

As for ready-made configurations, I find them useful insofar as you can check something as you set it up yourself. On the other hand adapting someone else's configuration may be a difficult task.

Last edited:
Actually to cure my problem I followed some advice I got from an Apple service tech and I found the advice by using Google on my tablet. Open System Preferences -> Language & Region Pick English US and drag it to the top of the list. A popup box will appear asking if you want to do this and answer yes. The system reboots and comes up in English.

My last effort at booting Monterey Installer did not go so well. Here is a screen shot. I think you should be able read it. Any ideas would be helpful

Attachments

• IMG_20220325_171647.jpg
    IMG_20220325_171647.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 38
I am sorry I did not read closely enough, some of your past texts. I went back and reread everything you suggested. I downloaded the files from the suggested website and gave them a try. It almost worked. At the last second, the monitor displayed that there was no video. I don't have a Dell monitor, like he does. That is the only thing I can guess. Any suggestions please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back