Graphics
Geforce GT640 and GeForce 8400GS 256MB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I have two graphics cards right now, a GT640 and a GeForce 8400GS. I have two hard drives, one of which I am trying to install mountain lion on. When I install through Unibeast, it works but for the 8400 I had to move over some of my leopard drivers so that I could successfully boot to mountain lion. The problem there is I cannot set GraphicsEnabler=Yes with the 8400. So I bought a 640 hoping it would be easier. It is not. This would probably work except I also have to boot to my Unibeast drive through the 8400, and then it probably installs Mountain Lion with the wrong drivers. I really just need to install some drivers for Mountain Lion and 640, but I cannot find a manual installation downlaod for the drivers anywhere. If someone with a 640 and Mountain Lion could just take all the kexts, bundles, and plugins they have with either "geforce" or "graphics" in them and give me a download to them, that would solve my problems. Thanks.

Please could someone help me?

It is difficult to follow what your are doing and why.

GT 640 does not need drivers they are in system from Apple.
You need Graphics enabler set to No.
Installer has it set to Yes.

There are drivers at NVIDIA for card also but not recommended to use unless you have problem.

Ditch 8400 GS it is nothing but hell with Mountain Lion . Ask the man who owns one.

If your CPU supports internal graphics just install with no card in VESA mode.
Run Multibeast. Set Graphics enabler to no. Install GT 640 and reboot.

In one case I had to remove graphics enabler kext.

USE THE SEARCH at top of page there is a thread with 160+ replies on GT 640

I use the 640 and I can confirm it is plug 'n play for the most part. GraphicsEnabler is set to no. I had to install the Nvidia CUDA driver to get 3 displays out of it. Didn't need the CUDA driver until I added the third display, it otherwise worked fine.

*Make sure you have not attempted to install anything for Nvidia throught MultiBeast as that can break things. When in doubt, and if you know you did this, reinstall and re-run multi-beast but with nothing NVidia graphics related checked.

Hey Kieran, i also own the geforce 8400gs, but is the 1 gb version, for me it was plug and play with ML 10.8.2 i have qe and ci working. My cpu is intel i5 3570, whicn haves intel 2500 graphics taht is incompatible.
im planning to buy the gt 640, my challenge is to get a 90% native mackintosh with tonymac method regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back