Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,

I've been looking into the Hackintosh things for a while and want to build my own.
I don't know a whole lot about what is how good, what I can do with certain graphic cards, etc. so I got my mate to help me make a list of what I should get.
I want to have a computer which is able to run games like BF4 fine on decent settings, and which I'm able to do some video editing on. Also I'd like it to be able to boot both Mac OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 or Linux.

If anyone is able to tell me if these parts will work together, if I can do the dualboot on it, if they're compatible with putting Mac OS X on it, and anything I might've forgotten, that'd be awesome.

Code:
CPU
AMD A10-5800K Black Edition 3.80GHz (Socket FM2) APU Trinity Quad Core Processor (AD580KWOHJBOX)

Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X AMD A88X Chipset (Socket FM2+) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

RAM
GeIL Black Dragon 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 PC3-12800C11 1600MHz Dual Channel Kit (GD316GB1600C11DC) **OcUK Exclusive**

Storage
SanDisk Extreme 120GB SATA 6GB/s 7200rpm 2.5-inch Internal SSD
Seagate ST31000524AS 3.5 inch 1TB Hard Drive (Serial-ATA, 6Gb/s, 32Mb, 7200RPM)

Case
AeroCool Sixth Element Full Tower Case - Black/Blue

Power Supply
Cooler Master GX 750W '80 Plus Bronze' Power Supply

Graphics Card
Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X WindForce 3X OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with BattleField 4 PC Game Included

Hey,

I've been looking into the Hackintosh things for a while and want to build my own.
I don't know a whole lot about what is how good, what I can do with certain graphic cards, etc. so I got my mate to help me make a list of what I should get.
I want to have a computer which is able to run games like BF4 fine on decent settings, and which I'm able to do some video editing on. Also I'd like it to be able to boot both Mac OS X Mavericks and Windows 7 or Linux.

If anyone is able to tell me if these parts will work together, if I can do the dualboot on it, if they're compatible with putting Mac OS X on it, and anything I might've forgotten, that'd be awesome.

Code:
CPU
AMD A10-5800K Black Edition 3.80GHz (Socket FM2) APU Trinity Quad Core Processor (AD580KWOHJBOX)

Motherboard
Gigabyte G1.Sniper A88X AMD A88X Chipset (Socket FM2+) DDR3 ATX Motherboard

Graphics Card
Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X WindForce 3X OC 2048MB GDDR5 PCI-Express Graphics Card with BattleField 4 PC Game Included

From the rules section:
AMD nor Atom CPUs and NVIDIA, ATI, VIA or SIS desktop chipsets are not supported by the methods and software on this site and will not work."

Try an Intel CPU and Gigabyte board from the Buyer's Guide.

Hey,
I'll replace the processor with one of these:
INTEL BX80646I34340 CPU/Core i3-4340 3.60GHz LGA1150 BOX - (Components Processors CPU)
Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz.

And if I replace the power supply with this, would that work?:
Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

About mother boards, I have no idea what one I should take.. Any advice?

Hey,
I'll replace the processor with one of these:
INTEL BX80646I34340 CPU/Core i3-4340 3.60GHz LGA1150 BOX - (Components Processors CPU)
Intel Core i7 4770K Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.50GHz.

And if I replace the power supply with this, would that work?:
Corsair Builder Series CXM 600W Modular 80 PLUS Bronze Certified ATX/EPS PSU

About mother boards, I have no idea what one I should take.. Any advice?

@colinowww
Great choices for a cpu :thumbup: If you go with the I3-4340 get one of the H87 mother boards in the
Buyer's Guide. If you choose the 4770K then get a Z87 board, gives you the option to use the
over clocking capability of the 4770K. The Corsair 600 W will be a good choice as well. Even
a 500w version will be adequate if you'll be using the integrated graphics. If you will use an R9 270x
or above gfx card then go with the 600w version.

@colinowww
Great choices for a cpu :thumbup: If you go with the I3-4340 get one of the H87 mother boards in the
Buyer's Guide. If you choose the 4770K then get a Z87 board, gives you the option to use the
over clocking capability of the 4770K. The Corsair 600 W will be a good choice as well. Even
a 500w version will be adequate if you'll be using the integrated graphics. If you will use an R9 270x
or above gfx card then go with the 600w version.

Okay.
How much stronger is the i7 instead of the i3, mainly for playing Minecraft on a 128x texture pack while recording? Also a bit for video editing in After Effects CC. Maybe even Battlefield 4 as I get that with the Graphics Card. And if I were to take the i7, what board would you recommend, as there are about ~10 Z87's. Point is, I'm kind of low on budget.

Okay.
How much stronger is the i7 instead of the i3, mainly for playing Minecraft on a 128x texture pack while recording? Also a bit for video editing in After Effects CC. Maybe even Battlefield 4 as I get that with the Graphics Card. And if I were to take the i7, what board would you recommend, as there are about ~10 Z87's. Point is, I'm kind of low on budget.

I7 4770K has 4 cores and 8 threads the I3 just 2 cores 4 threads so the I7 is a significant upgrade
for gaming and video editing. Take a look at all of the Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 4H and 5H models
and see which one best meets your needs. For a low budget build, go with the I5-4670K and the
UD3H try to find a sale or combo deal to get the best price. If you're near a micro center buy the
mobo and cpu there for the best price. (in store)

I7 4770K has 4 cores and 8 threads the I3 just 2 cores 4 threads so the I7 is a significant upgrade
for gaming and video editing. Take a look at all of the Gigabyte Z87X-UD3H 4H and 5H models
and see which one best meets your needs. For a low budget build, go with the I5-4670K and the
UD3H try to find a sale or combo deal to get the best price. If you're near a micro center buy the
mobo and cpu there for the best price. (in store)

Alright, thanks for the help. If I have any more questions I'll make sure to post here again. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back