Contribute
Register

Need advice on buying new laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
enable these in config.plist:
change OSID to XSID (to avoid match against _OSI XOSI patch)
change _OSI to XOSI
Done

Don't I need to sort the order of the patched .aml files to load in the config.plist? Now it's empty

Attachments

• debug_4314.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 43
Done

Don't I need to sort the order of the patched .aml files to load in the config.plist? Now it's empty
no, as you don't need a sorted order with hotpatch

Okay. What's left now to do? Install the VoodooI2C.kext?
yes

yes
Installed the kext, same as previous it restarts mid-loading with Apple logo(the loading bar goes to the middle and restarts - back to the Clover)

I booted the Mac via USB so I can share the logs:

Attachments

• debug_28751.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 41
Installed the kext, same as previous it restarts mid-loading with Apple logo(the loading bar goes to the middle and restarts - back to the Clover)

I booted the Mac via USB so I can share the logs:
You will need to I2C controllers patch.
Before you apply it, try a BIOS update. After you update your BIOS, re-extract and re-patch your DSDT. It might eliminate your need to use the I2C controllers patch.
Attach a new archive after updating BIOS & re-extracting/re-patching DSDT if it still doesn't work.

You will need to I2C controllers patch.
Before you apply it, try a BIOS update. After you update your BIOS, re-extract and re-patch your DSDT. It might eliminate your need to use the I2C controllers patch.
Attach a new archive after updating BIOS & re-extracting/re-patching DSDT if it still doesn't work.
I updated the BIOS successfully. How do I re-extract and re-patch the DSDT? How can I know what patches do I currently have on my DSDT? Thanks

I updated the BIOS successfully. How do I re-extract and re-patch the DSDT? How can I know what patches do I currently have on my DSDT? Thanks
Use Clover F4 (Or Fn+F4) to re-extract.
We cannot tell what you've done to your DSDT, you should keep track of those patches to be able to re-patch anytime. You can use some programs to compare those, but it's probably a too large difference to analyze...
I'd suggest you to start fresh, patch for one problem at a time, and keep notes.

@MCBoy123 what kind of patches are you using on DSDT, can you list them ?
You better move to hotpatch to avoid further problems like these as patching DSDT always causes trouble whenever you do a single setting change on bios or an update.

Use Clover F4 (Or Fn+F4) to re-extract.
We cannot tell what you've done to your DSDT, you should keep track of those patches to be able to re-patch anytime. You can use some programs to compare those, but it's probably a too large difference to analyze...
I'd suggest you to start fresh, patch for one problem at a time, and keep notes.
Okay so when I re-extract it its in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/origin/DSDT.aml? So I take this file apply patches and paste it into the /patched folder, correct? Fresh start meaning re-install whole Mac OS X? Or just DSDT?
@MCBoy123 what kind of patches are you using on DSDT, can you list them ?
You better move to hotpatch to avoid further problems like these as patching DSDT always causes trouble whenever you do a single setting change on bios or an update.
I'm using the necessary patches that were stated in the RehabMan guide.. exactly I'm not sure

- Battery status patch
- Brightness control I believe
- Windows 10 fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back