CPU
i5 7500 3.4
Graphics
iIntegrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I had and old Macbook that needed a new battery and so my wife tried to replace it while I was out of town and something else happened to go wrong with it at the same time and so after the new battery was put in, it would not power on. To top that of my external backup drive failed also. Any way bought a new iMac and then built a NAS with four 4TB HDD and one 256GB SSD for OS. But found trying to make it work with open source OS very frustrating FreeNas kept saying my brand new HHDs were corrupt. So now I have it running Sierra on the SSD and I have two HDD's in RAID0 and two in RAID1. The RAID1's is set up with Time machine and I plan on using the other RAID for document storage, photo and video, and movies. I would pretty much still like to use this machine basically as a NAS. Anyone know how I can back up my other iMac to this custoMac's RAID1 set up. I have all the file sharing turn on. The motherboard in my custoMac has thunderbolt3. If I find a driver for that would I be able to access the RAID that way? Thanks for you help. I have learned so much in the past 5days and my head is throbbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back