Contribute
Register

nⓩxtMac Pro - i9-9900k - Gigabyte Aorus z390 Pro - macOS Mojave - Sapphire Vega 64 Reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @MESwan
I just mounted my second Hackintosh in HigtSierra i9-9900k with an AORUS PRO WIFI and 1080 gigabyte. But I can not get the network to work And the sound. Could you explain to me how you have solved it? What "kext" do I need please? Sorry for my English, but it's not my native language

+1.

I have tried all night to get a map for our board. Previous build if I remember correctly someone in the build provided the settings and files.

It seems like using FBpatcher to create a code less extension USB map would be the best solution (in terms of not needing to use any nexts or port limit patches. I tried last night but the FBpatcher tool doesn’t actually create the USB map patch when I press generate. I also ran into problems trying to exclude my keyboard mouse when creating the patch (even though I exclude the port it still deactivates my mouse keyboard on reboot). I actually used screen sharing from another Mac to try to complete the patch but the FBpatcher just wouldn’t generate the patch in the end.

In the end I did have a complete list of ports to exclude. And so I am excluding ports and getting some USB 3 speeds - but it doesn’t seem like the most effective or vanilla method (as I have port limit patches, Kexts, and exclusions in place in order to make it work)

It seems like using FBpatcher to create a code less extension USB map would be the best solution (in terms of not needing to use any nexts or port limit patches. I tried last night but the FBpatcher tool doesn’t actually create the USB map patch when I press generate. I also ran into problems trying to exclude my keyboard mouse when creating the patch (even though I exclude the port it still deactivates my mouse keyboard on reboot). I actually used screen sharing from another Mac to try to complete the patch but the FBpatcher just wouldn’t generate the patch in the end.

In the end I did have a complete list of ports to exclude. And so I am excluding ports and getting some USB 3 speeds - but it doesn’t seem like the most effective or vanilla method (as I have port limit patches, Kexts, and exclusions in place in order to make it work)
I know I have quit for now its given me a Migraine.... I can deal with the speeds. I do alot of FCPX work and the large files are just slow to move to the drives I back them up too.

Hello @MESwan
I just mounted my second Hackintosh in HigtSierra i9-9900k with an AORUS PRO WIFI and 1080 gigabyte. But I can not get the network to work And the sound. Could you explain to me how you have solved it? What "kext" do I need please? Sorry for my English, but it's not my native language

For sound i'm using a Creative Omni Soundblaster 5.1, or HDMI audio through to my display (Arc into soundbar), so i can't really speak to that. @DenOfLore has an audio kext which seems to be successful, though. So it may be worth checking that out.

For network, i'm using the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, and I also have a Wifi/BT combo card installed that gives me native Wifi and Bluetooth.

Hello @MESwan

Use IntelMausiEthernet.kext for
For sound i'm using a Creative Omni Soundblaster 5.1, or HDMI audio through to my display (Arc into soundbar), so i can't really speak to that. @DenOfLore has an audio kext which seems to be successful, though. So it may be worth checking that out.

For network, I'm using the IntelMausiEthernet.kext, and I also have a Wifi/BT combo card installed that gives me native Wifi and Bluetooth.

Is your USB 3 ports giving you USB 3 speed? Did you map and assign ports? If so would you mind sharing all 3 of those files?

I know I have quit for now its given me a Migraine.... I can deal with the speeds. I do alot of FCPX work and the large files are just slow to move to the drives I back them up too.

I was also up for a few hours trying to get this right last night. All it got me was an unbootable OS, so I reverted to a backup, and have since given up for the moment. I don't do a lot with USB peripherals, as most of my storage is in fact, internal. If you figure it out, i'd love to know. I may try again in the near future. My USB SSDT is technically mapped for USB 3 in places where it's appropriate, but I cap at 47MBps (according to Black Magic Disk Speed Test)

I was also up for a few hours trying to get this right last night. All it got me was an unbootable OS, so I reverted to a backup, and have since given up for the moment. I don't do a lot with USB peripherals, as most of my storage is in fact, internal. If you figure it out, i'd love to know. I may try again in the near future. My USB SSDT is technically mapped for USB 3 in places where it's appropriate, but I cap at 47MBps (according to Black Magic Disk Speed Test)
Ive looked and read and tried and tried. I just dont get what I am doing wrong.... I hoping over in another thread where they have used the same board we have posts their files.

Hello,

Followed your steps here thanks again for the guide... I have identical hardware and was curious if you needed to do anything special to the NVMe SSD WRT partitioning / fs-type. I get past clover and the apple logo but get a crossed-out circle.
Thanks,
Barry

Hello,

Followed your steps here thanks again for the guide... I have identical hardware and was curious if you needed to do anything special to the nvme SSD wrt partitioning / fs-type. I get past clover and the apple logo but get a crossed-out circle.
Thanks,
Barry
Boot in verbose and post pic of where it hangs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back