Contribute
Register

My Hackintosh Keeps Freezing!! Possible RAM issue? Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell OptiPlex 9010 SFF
CPU
Intel i7-3770S
Graphics
nVIDIA GTX 1050Ti Low Profile
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi tonymacx86-ers,

I am experiencing some seriously frustrating problems with my hackintosh build.
[ It's a bit old, don't hurt its feelings ;) ]

GA-X58A-UD3R
Corsair XMS3 8GB @ 1600 MHz 1.66 V
i7 950
Gigabyte GTX 570
OS X 10.8.2

Without fail, every single time I start my computer, it just freezes.
I don't think it's a kernel panic, because I don't get the grey screen of death (the "you need to restart your computer" message) everything just stops.

I've noticed a weird thing that my computer is doing just after actually switching it on...
After about five seconds, the computer reboots and starts again.

My RAM is clocked to 1600 like it says on the box, but it needs 1.65V. My motherboard only has 1.64 or 1.66V. It's been 1.64 for ages, and whenever these freezes happen, the next time I turn it on (after the reboot 5 secs in) on the BIOS screen has "system failed to start due to overclocking or voltages or something like that. Then it says it's switched my RAM back down to 1066 MHz. I ram memtest86 and it all came up fine.

Please, someone, help me find a solution to this problem! Is it my RAM? What is it? If I've explained something terribly, please let me know and I'll try say it differently.

Thanks,
-iLikeTech :)

I'm having a similar issue with a similar build. Freezes every time a video is playing and I switch it to full screen. It also freezes sometimes during web browsing when there is a lot of graphics

Have you come across any solutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back