Contribute
Register

My hackintosh is not recognized by app store after Yosemite upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

Hope this can solve the problem.

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).

It worked! Thanks.

I had the same problem on one of my builds after upgrading to Yosemite. Deleting the network plists and other caches didn't work for me. I opened the console logs and found a bunch of these entries:

5/17/15 11:24:48.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: storeaccountd(562) deny file-read-data /Volumes/Data/var/folders/yg/z64bql490z58tfr3znrchxxm0000gn/C/mds/mds.lock

All the owner/group/file permissions looked identical to my other working machines. Then I remembered back in 10.6 I followed a post about optimizing SSD performance and life, including symbolic linking the '/var/folders' directory to a classic HDD. Sure enough, when I undid the link and rebooted, I regained access to the AppStore.

Key takeway: check the console logs - there could be a goldmine of information in there.

Flinstone, solution of deleting preferences and Network interface not working for me either...
How do you undo the symbolic link you're talking about?

I just attempted to make this work, however when I get to Library/Preferences, there is no folder called SystemConfiguration, or anything like it. Nor can i find any files that look similar to NetworkInterfaces.plist or Preferences.plist. Does anyone know why I might be missing these files entirely, or how to solve my problems without them?

I just attempted to make this work, however when I get to Library/Preferences, there is no folder called SystemConfiguration, or anything like it. Nor can i find any files that look similar to NetworkInterfaces.plist or Preferences.plist. Does anyone know why I might be missing these files entirely, or how to solve my problems without them?

It is one of the default directory of OS X. If it is not available means there is some issue with the installation.

Screen Shot 2015-06-17 at 10.15.13 am.png

Reinstall OS X.

Did bot, removing the to .plist files and removed the network interface with the "-" button. Restarted and i'm not able to login to the appstore or Icloud.

For those of you who can't get it to work after deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist and preferences.plist, try Jayashankar's solution STEP 2 from post #22. It worked for me!

P.S. Instead of writing to com.apple.Boot.plist I pasted the "device-properties" key and string into org.chameleon.Boot.plist.

Neither of these fixes helped after trying many times. But after installing Network > Intel > AplleIntelE1000e v. 3.1.0a with multibeast, I'm now able to log in with my WIFI usb stick to App Store and download apps (no idea why).

It was recommended in another thread so for those who still are having problems it's worth giving a shot.
I don't think you need to do any of these steps with that approach.

I had the same problem. When I installed Yosemite, I only installed a kext for my wifi card, which was located at en1. I did not install a kext for ethernet, as I am not using it. Trying to log into the MAS, I got the ...could not be verified... error.

I installed the kext for ethernet through Multibeast and rebooted. Ethernet is now at en0, with wifi at en1, and I am able to log into MAS. No need for any serial number generation or other advanced config.

Hope this helps.

Neither of these fixes helped after trying many times. But after installing Network > Intel > AplleIntelE1000e v. 3.1.0a with multibeast, I'm now able to log in with my WIFI usb stick to App Store and download apps (no idea why).

For accessing AppStore it is mandatory to enable Ethernet adapter on OS X. Only with WiFi it is not possible. After installation of AplleIntelE1000e v. 3.1.0a kext from MultiBeast your ethernet got enabled and you were able to access AppStore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back