Contribute
Register

My hackintosh is not recognized by app store after Yosemite upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks to post by kurosagi and JasonHears this fix for the APP STORE worked perfectly.
Thanks for the help.

This error occurs because of the Ethernet card if the card is set to anything other than e0.
I use clover boot loader and this is the how I solved the problem

Here are a few steps that might help solve the problem

Step 1:
a. Go to System Preferences -> Network
b. Select the Ethernet/Wi-Fi (or both depending on which one you use) and remove it from the list by clicking the '-' sign at the bottom left of the list
c. Navigate to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration folder
d. Look for a file NetworkInterfaces.plist and move to to your desktop (you may delete it if you're familiar with your OS)
e. Restart the system it should create a new NetworkInterfaces.plist file in this location.
f. Go back to Network and add your Ethernet/Wi-Fi and try logging into iCloud, App Store and it should work.

If this does not work then try the next one

Step2:
a. Download EFI Studio application from downloads.netmediaeurope.de/3667/efi-studio-dez0un/ (you may choose to download elsewhere... other options available on the NET)
b. Open EFI Studio
In Select Devices pull down list choose Ethernet
Click on Add Device button
A pop-up Editor should appear (do not edit any contents on this screen)
Click on write to com.apple.Boot.plist at the bottom right corner of the Editor
c. Close the EFI Studio

Now repeat Step1

Hope someone in this thread benefits from this, thanks

Hi there!

I just installed a fresh Hackintosh Yosemite. I struggled to activate my on-board Ethernet card but when I finally succeeded, I got hit by the AppStore problem...

I tried your solution but:

Step 1:
a. Go to System Preferences -> Network
b. Select the Ethernet/Wi-Fi (or both depending on which one you use) and remove it from the list by clicking the '-' sign at the bottom left of the list

I can remove interfaces with the minus button, but whenever I press the apply button, my OS freezes completely and I can only shut down the computer using the power button. There may be some debugging info about the freeze somewhere but being somewhat new to OS X, I don't know where to look...

Any ideas?

Hi there!

I just installed a fresh Hackintosh Yosemite. I struggled to activate my on-board Ethernet card but when I finally succeeded, I got hit by the AppStore problem...

I tried your solution but:

I can remove interfaces with the minus button, but whenever I press the apply button, my OS freezes completely and I can only shut down the computer using the power button. There may be some debugging info about the freeze somewhere but being somewhat new to OS X, I don't know where to look...

Any ideas?

If you only want to access App Store then no need to follow the above long steps,

Just delete the below files.

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

Then Reboot OS X.

Once it is rebooted Log in to App Store with your Apple ID.

If you only want to access App Store then no need to follow the above long steps,

Then Reboot OS X.

Didn't work for me.

Tried on this USB Ethernet:
Code:
[B]USB Ethernet Adapter - AX88772A:[/B]

Type:    USB
  BSD name:    en0
  Kext name:    AppleUSBEthernet.kext
  Location:    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEthernet.kext
  Version:    2.4.7
  MAC Address:    01:0e:c6:f1:c0:1c
  Product ID:    30506
  Vendor ID:    2965

Also tried this on a Realtek onboard Ethernet on a different Hackintosh.

Both machines failed to download Xcode 6.2.

Didn't work for me.

Tried on this USB Ethernet:
Code:
[B]USB Ethernet Adapter - AX88772A:[/B]

Type:    USB
  BSD name:    en0
  Kext name:    AppleUSBEthernet.kext
  Location:    /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleUSBEthernet.kext
  Version:    2.4.7
  MAC Address:    01:0e:c6:f1:c0:1c
  Product ID:    30506
  Vendor ID:    2965

Also tried this on a Realtek onboard Ethernet on a different Hackintosh.

Both machines failed to download Xcode 6.2.

Check the BSD name of your Ethernet card.

Screen Shot 2015-04-02 at 12.53.34 pm.png

Then Reboot OS X.

That's all it took! Thanks!

Hello,

Hope this can solve the problem.

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).

Thanks, Kurosagi.
I moved The NetworkInterfaces.plist to my desktop (as backup). Didn't delete any item in the Network section of the System Preferences.
After the reboot, now able to login to App Store.

Thanks, Kurosagi.
I moved The NetworkInterfaces.plist to my desktop (as backup). Didn't delete any item in the Network section of the System Preferences.
After the reboot, now able to login to App Store.

I t w o r k s ! thx a lot

I had the same problem on one of my builds after upgrading to Yosemite. Deleting the network plists and other caches didn't work for me. I opened the console logs and found a bunch of these entries:

5/17/15 11:24:48.000 AM kernel[0]: Sandbox: storeaccountd(562) deny file-read-data /Volumes/Data/var/folders/yg/z64bql490z58tfr3znrchxxm0000gn/C/mds/mds.lock

All the owner/group/file permissions looked identical to my other working machines. Then I remembered back in 10.6 I followed a post about optimizing SSD performance and life, including symbolic linking the '/var/folders' directory to a classic HDD. Sure enough, when I undid the link and rebooted, I regained access to the AppStore.

Key takeway: check the console logs - there could be a goldmine of information in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back