Contribute
Register

My hackintosh is not recognized by app store after Yosemite upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
After upgrading to Yosemite, I tried to upgrade the iLife package but when ask my password says "device cannot be recognize contact help service" why is that?
maybe RehabMan can give me a hand with this problem please?

Hello,

Hope this can solve the problem.

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).

I just got this as well today.. anyone have a fix for this? It was working just fine..

I also use a UD5H MB I had the same problem could not sign in to Apple store. here is what created my problem" When I loaded Multibeast I changed my Mac Pro from a Mac Pro 3 to a Mac Pro 6 I had to change this back. to access the Apple store. this worked for me. good luck.

Gord Hope

Hi, i have the same problem in my Yosemite.

Did you change it directly in smbios.plist? with Chameleon Wizard? above the "SMproductname Key"? dis you modify any other line or key?

Thank you.

Picking up where kurosagi's post left off (the part about reconfigure your internet connection)... After removing your network interfaces and rebooting, the order you reinstall your network interfaces is important.

After you reboot, go back to your System Preferences > Network. Click the + button at the bottom of the left column. On the window that comes up, choose Ethernet first! (Important! I chose Wi-fi first my initial time through, and it didn't fix the problem). Click Apply. Then click + again and add your wi-fi. Click apply again, and your wi-fi should connect.

At this point, I rebooted, and tried an App Store update again, and it worked!

If Ethernet is not an option on your drop-down, then close the settings, open up Multibeast, and install a network driver (for me it was the Intel1000 driver). Once you've installed the driver from Multibeast, reboot again. Then go back to System Preferences > Network, click the + and you should see Ethernet in the drop-down. Create Ethernet first, and then click Apply. Then go back and add Wi-fi.

The reason why you have to add Ethernet first (afaik) is to ensure it's set as en0.

Hope that helps someone!

Did you boot with kext-dev-mode=1 ?

i have alc 888 and this worked for me! :headbang:

Hello,

Hope this can solve the problem.

Open the System Preferences app and go to the Network section. On the left-hand column in the Network section, select each of the items and remove it by clicking the minus sign on the bottom of the column.

Then, go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration in your main hard drive and delete NetworkInterfaces.plist. Or alternatively, drag it to the desktop (as a backup, in case things go wrong).

By removing all of the Network items in System Preferences and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist, you have effectively reset the network configuration for Mac OS X. Reboot (you may have to reconfigure your internet connection afterwards).

Worked like a charm.
Thank You.

Picking up where kurosagi's post left off (the part about reconfigure your internet connection)... After removing your network interfaces and rebooting, the order you reinstall your network interfaces is important.

After you reboot, go back to your System Preferences > Network. Click the + button at the bottom of the left column. On the window that comes up, choose Ethernet first! (Important! I chose Wi-fi first my initial time through, and it didn't fix the problem). Click Apply. Then click + again and add your wi-fi. Click apply again, and your wi-fi should connect.

At this point, I rebooted, and tried an App Store update again, and it worked!

If Ethernet is not an option on your drop-down, then close the settings, open up Multibeast, and install a network driver (for me it was the Intel1000 driver). Once you've installed the driver from Multibeast, reboot again. Then go back to System Preferences > Network, click the + and you should see Ethernet in the drop-down. Create Ethernet first, and then click Apply. Then go back and add Wi-fi.

The reason why you have to add Ethernet first (afaik) is to ensure it's set as en0.

Hope that helps someone!

Thanks! that fixed it.
I needed to install the AppleInterE100e driver in order for this to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back