Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello, I'm new to hackintosh but just successfully installed El Capitan on my PC. However I use 3 monitors from the display port, DVI, and HDMI connections. 2 old school dell displays and a 1080p BenQ. When I have each individually plugged in, they work. However, when I plug all 3 in, I get a panic and crash. Any ideas for fixing the issue?

Hmm... I will need to think for a bit about this. I too have El Capitan, GeForce GTX 970 and I currently run three monitors (two through DVI and one through HDMI) and it works flawlessly. Seems the difference is I am not using the display port. Can you perhaps try using both DVI outs along with the HDMI and see if that works?

Also, something neat I learned about the 970. Believe it or not it actually outputs audio through the DVI ports (of course you would need a DVI to HDMI cable or adapter). I learned this literally by accident, my living room tv is connected via a DVI to HDMI cable, I also used one of the guides on here to enable HDMI audio through the Clover boot loader.

Let me know if you can try your DVI ports and HDMI.

My 970 has one DVI, and 3 DP and 1 HDMI. I can only boot with (1) monitor connected, if I have all (3), I don't reach OSX desktop and reboots before getting to the OSX login screen.

So right now, I'm just booting with (1) monitor connected and connecting the other (2) when I get to the OSX desktop. I wish there's a fix for this, it's very inconvenient unplugging/plugging monitors every time I reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back