Contribute
Register

Multibeast: "The installation failed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing SuperIOFamily.kext did the job, I'm able to execute Multibeast 5.0.1 without error now. Not sure if I should replace this kext by something else though.

Anyway, Thank you for your help man!

Removing SuperIOFamily.kext did the job for me too.

Try running:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

and see what pops up as causing an issue. Delete the offending kexts and then try multibeast :)

I did this several times and deleted all the kext's. But now I'm stuck here and I have no idea what to do

Code:
Last login: Fri Apr  5 14:19:21 on ttys000Macintosh:~ Berg$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
Macintosh:~ Berg$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDMouse; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[508] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
Macintosh:~ Berg$

I made a quick tutorial on how to do the MB jobb manually.

[video=youtube_share;Drqn0LyihH0]http://youtu.be/Drqn0LyihH0[/video]

I'm sorry about the quality and my lack of good english. But I didn't feel like putting so much effort into making the tutorial.
If there's something you don't understand feel free to ask! ;)

THANKS!!!
Sound now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back