Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
any idea why i'm getting this after installing ML? everything but sound seems to be working. fyi, this is not a fresh install, just an upgrade from lion. thank you in advance.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 7.01.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-07-25 at 7.01.49 PM.png
    95.4 KB · Views: 1,043
any thoughts on this? i've been monkeying around with it for 3 hours and can't find a solution that works. i'm IN my ml installation, wifi works, usb works, everything seems pretty ok except getting multibeast to complete the installation of audio kexts. i AM able to repair permissions by itself successfully, but when combined with any kind of audio kext installation, it fails. PLEASE help! it's oh so quiet here.

I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately for me nothing works except my Magic Mouse. I can't get multibeast to successfully install anything but a permissions repair.

any idea why i'm getting this after installing ML? everything but sound seems to be working. fyi, this is not a fresh install, just an upgrade from lion. thank you in advance.

the same for me! :(

the failed multibeast installs gave me a kernal panic I had to reinstall ML. I got the graphics and network working by installing the kexts myself. If I can get audio working myself what else am I missing by not doing anything DSDL related in multibeast? Cause to me once audio is working everything is working?

i ended up finding a strange work-around for my specific setup. basically, i have a few HDDs installed in my tower. my main hack install is on an SSD. i have a partition on another HDD that i cloned my SSD to as backup. after encountering these problems with Installation Fails in multibeast in ML, i restarted and booted up in my cloned Lion install instead. once there, i was able to run multibeast, select my primary SSD installation, and install the proper audio kext. this time multibeast completed the install. so then i restarted, booted to my main SSD, and bam…audio works again. it would seem that i may be confined to this elaborate work-around the next time there's an incremental system update that disables my sound, but for now, i've got things seemingly working fine. it does bug me though that i didn't find a proper solution that allows me to set up my audio from within my main install.

again, if anyone can find a solution to this problem, i'd still be interested to hear it.

as a sidebar, i hadn't realize that airplay mirroring was confined to sandy bridge or better cpu's. no mirroring for me and my i7-860. =(

I had the same problem with multibeast

not sure what this error means, but i could make my sound work again using multi beast

so, i run multi beast, choose the rt 889 sound driver. Had the error at the end . After that run kextwizard program to rebuild cache.
Restart and voilá, sound is working again

atleast that worked for you.....I tried that and then when i tried to boot back into mountain lion I got a kernel panic.

atleast that worked for you.....I tried that and then when i tried to boot back into mountain lion I got a kernel panic.

that was actually an annotated account of the crap that i went through to arrive at this solution. i also tried installing a new dsdt and fakesmc.kext. both those installations failed as well. i thought maybe all this had something to do with the fakesmc, so i tried deleting it and all the plugins that carried over from lion. i then restarted, booted from unibeast, reinstalled ML again, then tried restarting to then replace the fakesmc crap that i'd deleted. however, my boot would get stuck at the apple spinning wheel screen forever. so now that i'd regressed to not even being able to boot into ML, i started to panic a little. that's when i thought to boot into my other install and see if i could install via multibeast to my main SSD. i doubted it, but it actually turned out i could. so i reinstalled fakesmc. i restarted, and i got past the apple spinning wheel screen, but then the monitors went black, as if nothing was connected. so i did a hard restart back to my HDD install, ran back multibeast, then added all the fakesmc plugins (thinking maybe that nvidia one could help with my monitors shutting off). restarted and made it all the way back to the desktop with no sound on my SSD. back to square one, i thought maybe now i could install audio through multibeast. nope. still failed installation. so once again, i decided to restart to my HDD install, and try installing audio from there. did that, and immediately after hitting restart, i got a kernel panic! so i hard-restarted, booted to my main SSD install, and finally was operational with audio.

since then i've been tinkering with ML features, which don't seem that mind blowing, especially devoid of airplay mirroring.

i wonder though…are all of us that had this failed installation problem on older rigs? it seems kind of dicey these days to be working with a two-year-old system since most of the chatter here seems to apply to sandy bridge and ivy bridge builds. not a ton of people gabbing about their problems with their -UDx system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back