Contribute
Register

Multibeast: "The installation failed."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try running:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

and see what pops up as causing an issue. Delete the offending kexts and then try multibeast :)

woot! fixed my install. it seems that the old fakesmc.kext was causing the problem. i copied it to the desktop for safe keeping and then deleted it from s/l/e . i ran multibeast, this time checking the box for fakesmc.kext and the install completed.

i still don't have audio but at least i've got multibeast working. thanks!

I got this installationed failed error after trying to install USB legacy driver to would with the STUPID HighPoint Quad USB 3.0 card.

That's not the big problem. The BIG PROBLEM now is that my bluetooth is broken. Done reset SMC, PRAM, NVRAM, repair permission, tried using the kext somewhere in this forum. STILL HAVE THE BROKEN BLUETOOTH ICON!!!

I know it's not hardware because bluetooth works fine with a 10.7.5 start disk.

Have a Mac Pro (early 2008) with 10.8.2 with supplement update. Bluetooth broke after trying Multibeast 5.0.2

HELP!!! I have wasted 5 hours already trying to bring back bluetooth functionality with my current system. Don't really wish to reinstall everything. Anyway, to reinstall bluetooth extensions? Now, I'm getting the same installation failed error with ML supplement update.

HELP!!!

Try running:

and see what pops up as causing an issue. Delete the offending kexts and then try multibeast :)

i tried to delete the kext files and it said permission denied....

Removing SuperIOFamily.kext did the job, I'm able to execute Multibeast 5.0.1 without error now. Not sure if I should replace this kext by something else though.

Anyway, Thank you for your help man!

Removing SuperIOFamily.kext did the job for me too.

Try running:

I did this several times and deleted all the kext's. But now I'm stuck here and I have no idea what to do

Code:
Last login: Fri Apr  5 14:19:21 on ttys000Macintosh:~ Berg$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
Macintosh:~ Berg$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext is missing dependencies (including anyway; dependencies may be available from elsewhere)
AppleBluetoothHIDMouse.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
AppleBluetoothHIDKeyboard.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.driver.IOBluetoothHIDDriver.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothHIDMouse; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[508] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
Macintosh:~ Berg$

I made a quick tutorial on how to do the MB jobb manually.

[video=youtube_share;Drqn0LyihH0]http://youtu.be/Drqn0LyihH0[/video]

I'm sorry about the quality and my lack of good english. But I didn't feel like putting so much effort into making the tutorial.
If there's something you don't understand feel free to ask! ;)

THANKS!!!
Sound now working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back