Graphics
GTX 670 OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Lately I have been having some issues installing all the correct drivers on Mountain Lion. When I boot up the computer it gives the classic apple logo with the loading wheel; however when I am supposed to be met with a login screen I am presented with a white screen and no mouse. I have tried many many times with different combinations of drivers and excluding certain drivers to see which ones are causing the white screen, absolutely nothing (reinstalling ML each time).......:banghead:. Since the process takes about 30-40 minutes per attempt and I have attempted it more that a dozen times and it has become very frustrating. In my frustration I decided to reach out to the people of the internet who are much smarter than me for help. Here are my specs:
CPU: Intel i7 37770k
Motherboard:Gigabyte z77-UP5-TH
Graphics: MSI GTX 670 PW
Drive: Sandisk 128gb SSD
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16gb 1600

Please Help!

I'll take a stab in the dark at this:

I noticed your signature says that your video card is "OC" - Overclocking a video card might pose problems during an install. Also, when I built my similar system I had to use an older VGA monitor attached to the motherboard video output (the HD4000 from the i7 3770K). Once I got the system working I then added the GTX670 into the mix.

made installation system without video card
HD4000 only
then put the card with video graphics enabler NO

That was unsuccessful as I do not believe that is the issue because I previously was successfully at installing everything and achieving a stable hackintosh for almost 2 months, however I got a USB 3.0 hard drive and decided it was about time I attempted at getting USB 3.0 to work on the hackintosh however I must have installed the wrong USB 3.0 driver and it would no longer bring me to the login screen but to a white screen like it is when I re-install the drivers. Also I don't think that the issue resigns in the installation of ML but instead with which drivers I install using Multibeast. Im really looking for the right combination of drivers which will yield a success. Or at least to be pointed in the right direction. Also I was able to get ML up and running with out the Unibeast USB however there were a lot of issues such as when the screen shuts off from 15 min of not being used it will not wake back up when I click the mouse or the keyboard and I am forced to force shut down the computer and start it up again.

I agree with you, it sounds like the wrong USB driver is installed. The MultiBeast PDF says:
"Not compatible with 7-Series LGA 1155 motherboards." - BUT the warning only applies to the "3rd Party" driver options.

This page has some suggestions:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/65138-issue-usb-3-0-chip-renesas.html

My ML install has the CalDigitHDProDrv.kext installed in the S/L/E folder but this is not one of the options in MultiBeast, I think it's a native ML file.

And Yes, my USB 3 is working, at least on some ports (some work, some don't.... still figuring things out.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back