Contribute
Register

Multibeast Install Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i can install cuda and other successfully, then my doubt is now i removed two kexts IOUSBAttachedSCSI. and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext what are the impact of these two removals can i restore both of them with kext utility ? Your valuable replay expected.....

You can install IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext with Kext Utility. But you cannot install CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext with Kext Utility because it was a kext hiding inside of another kext. Kext Utility will not know where to put it. You should not have removed it. You should have renamed it as I gave instructions.

Try your bluetooth dongle without the kext and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext needs to be reinstalled manually. I can give instructions for that.

Place CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext on the Desktop. Go open Terminal located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Code:
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
Type:  sudo mv /Users/(your user name)/Desktop/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext ./
(give your password - the cursor will not move)

Type:  sudo chown -R root:wheel CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext
Type:  sudo chmod -R 755 CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext
Type:  cd /System/Library
Type:  touch Extensions

You can install IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext with Kext Utility. But you cannot install CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext with Kext Utility because it was a kext hiding inside of another kext. Kext Utility will not know where to put it. You should not have removed it. You should have renamed it as I gave instructions.

Try your bluetooth dongle without the kext and see if it works. If it doesn't work, then CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext needs to be reinstalled manually. I can give instructions for that.

Place CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext on the Desktop. Go open Terminal located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Code:
Type:  sudo mv /Users/(your user name)/Desktop/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext ./
(give your password - the cursor will not move)

Type:  sudo chown -R root:wheel CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext
Type:  sudo chmod -R 755 CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext
Type:  touch Extensions

You are great rlf156 thank you....

Same is here, couldn't complete MB installation (5.0.2) on ML (10.8) without removing IOUSBAttachedSCSI.kext an renaming CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext. After that MB installation goes smoothly!

Hopefully this will be fixed in the next MB update. Not sure yet if this will affect my Magic Mouse and bluetooth functionality in general. I'm using an apple branded bluetooth module.

My Specs:
- GA-P55-USB3 rev2.0
- i7-860 @ stock
- Gigabyte Batmobile HD 5770
- Apple branded Wi-Fi and bluetooth
- Magic Mouse
- Apple wired keyboard
- 8GB DDR3 Kingstone HyperX blu 1600Mhz

RLF156 Great tip but there is an otter wat you van do in.

Get Yourself an external hard drive.
now go to an working hackintosh with 10.6 of 10.7 on it (with MB correctly installed)
now make a time machine backup on your external hard drive.
Now Use Unibeast to install ML 10.8.
Now when you installed ML 10.8 and you have to restart for your fitst boot
if you selected your language then you Will see a screen That you can transfer data to your ML 10.8 now you Wanna select transfer from drive or timemachine you Wanna transfer applications and settings ,now creatie your ML 10.8 account and now try multibeast 5.0.2
It has to work smooth.

Thank You Very Much! I Owe You!:beachball:

Hi guys,

I´ve also some strange probs.

After first fresh installation of ML using the UniBeast USB method I could only boot up in ML using "GraphicsEnabler=No" command.
After that it went smooth and I installed only the DSDT option with the right dsdt on my desk.
From there I could´t boot up ML without using "GraphicsEnabler=No -v -x" and the MultiBeast will also quit installation with the standard failure.

Then I decided to make a fresh ML installation again.
Installation went smooth, reboot only with "GraphicsEnabler=No".

Now, I can´t install anything with MultiBeast.
Also when I only use the DSDT installation option the installation aborts.

I´ve tried the method with the 2 sudo commands written here on site 2.

This is what the terminal gave back:

ronnys-mac-pro:~ Brossi$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
ronnys-mac-pro:~ Brossi$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting.
//System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for org.slice.RadeonMonitor; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[253] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.

Anybody an idea? :)

My specs:

MB: ASUS P8P67 Deluxe (rev. 2103)
CPU: i7 2600K (not OC)
GPU: ATI Radeon HD5750
RAM: 12GByte G.E.I.L DDR3 (4GB in use atm)

Any help would be appreciated! ;)

P.S. I´m not a native english speaker. So please be patient about my grammar.

I just got mine working after experiencing the same problem. SOLUTION: Delete your current FakeSMC.kext rerun MultiBeast.

That kext is located at:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext

If you do not use Bluetooth, particularly if you do not use a USB bluetooth, you can safely delete that kext and it won't affect you one bit but it will solve the Multibeast problem. Rather than delete it, just rename it so it won't be considered as a kext. Open Terminal located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Code:
Type:  sudo mv CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext.bak
(give your password - the cursor will not move - there will be no feedback - just type the password and <Enter>)

Type:  sudo touch Extensions

Now you should be able to safely run Multibeast.

This fixed it for me! Thanks!!

I'm getting the same thing running ML (app store, Uni) on a ASUS G50v. Tried running directly after first book and failed. Built my DSDT file and tried again using UserDSDT and same issue. Only shows the generic "install failed.., contact admin.." error.

Figured mine out thanks to linerjoe on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62157-multibeast-install-failed.html

"Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps."

I ran the second command and noticed I had the same kext problem. Removed and reran the command, no problems. Ran Multibeast again w/o a problem. Hope this helps!!

This fixed one of my problems. I also had an issue with a USB BlueTooth, which this post helped me fix:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...4-multibeast-install-failed-3.html#post500095

From there I was GTG!! Thanks!!

thank you very much! that worked for me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back