Register

Multibeast Install Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get this and install failed 1156 board

Last login: Sun Aug 19 20:15:07 on ttys000
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
kxld[com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOUSBCompositeDriver' for vtable 'vtable for CSRHIDTransitionDriver' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[675] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$

I have the same problem! Can anyone help?

I recently have been having an issue with Multibeast Install Failed im using the most up to date version avaible and for some reason I get a error saying install fail. At first I would just restart and do a fresh install using Unibeast and now that seems to not be a applicable work around for the situation any ideas?

I have the same problem. Fresh install, latest Unibeast and Multibeast but still get the error. Even used the kext commands, but they didn't give me any conflicting kexts whatsoever.

Configuration:

i7 3770k
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB
GT640
60GB Mushkin SSD
1 TB Seagate Barracuda
16GB Vengeance RAM

Havoc MI's solution worked for me as well. :clap:

I can only add that when you run the second command there should be no output. In other words, if you run the second command and see something then you do need to delete that .kext.

it seem like more people having failed installs.I just gave up. I guess there is no such thing as a straight forward install. Not even a tutorial on how to fix the problem with multi beast install failed. I do own a mbp i just wanted ml on my desktop as well.
Maybe in the far future there will be a better way to install Multibeast.

it seem like more people having failed installs.I just gave up. I guess there is no such thing as a straight forward install. Not even a tutorial on how to fix the problem with multi beast install failed. I do own a mbp i just wanted ml on my desktop as well.
Maybe in the far future there will be a better way to install Multibeast.

Such is the cost of installing software against Apple's Software License Agreement (SLA). There are many work around Apple puts in place, and non-standard parts make matters worse. Asrock are notorious for being problematic. However, if you search/google your board you may find help. The MB is usually the biggest reason for failed installs next to graphics cards.

If you're brave you can try to make your DSDT. It looks more complicated than it is. If I could do it I'm sure you can.

Luck
-=Mark=-

I'm getting the same thing running ML (app store, Uni) on a ASUS G50v. Tried running directly after first book and failed. Built my DSDT file and tried again using UserDSDT and same issue. Only shows the generic "install failed.., contact admin.." error.

Figured mine out thanks to linerjoe on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62157-multibeast-install-failed.html

"Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps."

I ran the second command and noticed I had the same kext problem. Removed and reran the command, no problems. Ran Multibeast again w/o a problem. Hope this helps!!

Thanks! This got my MultiBeast installer to work!

ronnys-mac-pro:~ Brossi$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
ronnys-mac-pro:~ Brossi$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting.
//System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use FakeSMC.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for org.slice.RadeonMonitor; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[253] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startu

using that command seemed to fix everything for me .. thanks
I ended up moving the kext files out of the library/extensions that were giving issues and reinstalling them using the kext utility > then used the command once more to see if I missed anything > loaded up multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back