Contribute
Register

Multibeast Install Failed

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also did a fresh install of ML and I am having the same problem with Multibeast Mountain Lion edition 5.0.2. It doesn't matter what options you choose, it always fails to installed. I actually did a fresh ML install on my desktop a few days ago and went without a flaw, however, I used the Multibeast Lion edition, not the Mountain Lion edition. I would guess that if I had tried the Mountain Lion edition it probably would have failed as well.

I am now trying to load ML on my Acer 771G, but I am having zero luck! Can get it installed just fine, but can only boot in safe mode. Multibeast 5.0.2 fails every time and Multibeast Lion edition installs fine, but causes KPs upon reboot.

I also did a fresh install of ML and I am having the same problem with Multibeast Mountain Lion edition 5.0.2. It doesn't matter what options you choose, it always fails to installed. I actually did a fresh ML install on my desktop a few days ago and went without a flaw, however, I used the Multibeast Lion edition, not the Mountain Lion edition. I would guess that if I had tried the Mountain Lion edition it probably would have failed as well.

I am now trying to load ML on my Acer 771G, but I am having zero luck! Can get it installed just fine, but can only boot in safe mode. Multibeast 5.0.2 fails every time and Multibeast Lion edition installs fine, but causes KPs upon reboot.

One more here getting the Multibeast failed.
This is after upgrading to UEFI Bios

Same here. It fails no matter what I choose to install :(

It was odd. The first time I did a clean install with ml and multibeast 5.0.2 I had no issues. After that I would always get install failed. Had to do like 5-7 clean installs until it would finally work with just selecting the dsdt install. After that I could install the other stuff for audio and such but would get install failed. After rebooting though, all of them installed which was weird.

it worked for me after only installing the DSDT FREE option, using UEFI BIOS

Install fails every time, even if i only choose audio 889 kext and nothing else.
I've tried this 3 times on a securely erased SSD drive, clean install of ML

Using gigabyte GA-z68x-ud3h-b3 and gtx 670

Multibeast 4.5 runs fine, but it doesn't have what I need.

Would very much like to know what is going on.

Did you try to unplug all devices (including video card and usb devices) nothing in usb 3.0 ports.
Everyone should try this as well to avoid any hardware conflicts.

Did you read this post for your motherboard?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...success-guide-gigabyte-z68x-ud3h-b3-eufi.html

Luck
-=Mark=-

Multibeast Install Failed here also and I have sourced the problem.

If you rollback the IOUSBFamily and IOUSBMassStorage kexts you will get this problem with the latest MultiBeast v5.0.2. If you put back the original kexts, MultiBeast will give Success.

As noted in previous posts, people with 1156 mbs that require the rollback to get their USB keyboard/mouse working are affected. Others that removed some other kexts and got MultiBeast working again removed the kexts that have dependencies on IOUSBFamily and/or IOUSBMassStorage.

I'm getting the same thing running ML (app store, Uni) on a ASUS G50v. Tried running directly after first book and failed. Built my DSDT file and tried again using UserDSDT and same issue. Only shows the generic "install failed.., contact admin.." error.

Figured mine out thanks to linerjoe on http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-lion-desktop-support/62157-multibeast-install-failed.html

"Ok, I was able to resolve my issues.

From a shell, run the commands:

sudo kextcache -system-caches
sudo kextcache -update-volume /

The second command showed me which kext's it didn't like (IOUSBAttachedSCSI in my case). I deleted that kext and re-ran the command, and it completed successfully. Then I ran multibeast again and it worked fine. After a reboot, my Bluetooth and audio worked properly. Hope this helps."

I ran the second command and noticed I had the same kext problem. Removed and reran the command, no problems. Ran Multibeast again w/o a problem. Hope this helps!!

I get this and install failed 1156 board

Last login: Sun Aug 19 20:15:07 on ttys000
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$ sudo kextcache -system-caches
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$ sudo kextcache -update-volume /
kxld[com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOUSBCompositeDriver' for vtable 'vtable for CSRHIDTransitionDriver' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[675] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache.
RAMs-Mac-Pro:~ ram$

kxld[com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOUSBCompositeDriver' for vtable 'vtable for CSRHIDTransitionDriver' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.CSRHIDTransitionDriver; aborting prelink.

That kext is located at:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext

If you do not use Bluetooth, particularly if you do not use a USB bluetooth, you can safely delete that kext and it won't affect you one bit but it will solve the Multibeast problem. Rather than delete it, just rename it so it won't be considered as a kext. Open Terminal located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Code:
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
Type:  sudo mv CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext.bak
(give your password - the cursor will not move - there will be no feedback - just type the password and <Enter>)

Type:  cd /System/Library
Type:  sudo touch Extensions

Now you should be able to safely run Multibeast.

That kext is located at:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext

If you do not use Bluetooth, particularly if you do not use a USB bluetooth, you can safely delete that kext and it won't affect you one bit but it will solve the Multibeast problem. Rather than delete it, just rename it so it won't be considered as a kext. Open Terminal located in the Applications/Utilities folder.

Code:
Type:  cd /System/Library/Extensions
Type:  cd IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
Type:  sudo mv CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext.bak
(give your password - the cursor will not move - there will be no feedback - just type the password and <Enter>)

Type:  cd /System/Library
Type:  sudo touch Extensions

Now you should be able to safely run Multibeast.

THANK YOU rlf156 a big big big thanks. at last i can successfully finish it. But i have a blutooth usb dongle in my hand i re name it after back up it can i instal that kext with kext utility now that cause any problem? then i second Problem is CUDA i am going to install it i expect a possitive result. and also expect the next multibeast will overcome all this. than you again.

Yes i can install cuda and other successfully, then my doubt is now i removed two kexts IOUSBAttachedSCSI. and CSRHIDTransitionDriver.kext what are the impact of these two removals can i restore both of them with kext utility ? Your valuable replay expected.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back