Contribute
Register

[Multibeast] Ethernet not working (Killer e2200 and Mojave)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI H97 Gaming 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
R9 280X
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Hi !

I've recently tried to install Mojave on my configuration but i've got some problem with multibeast.

Here's are the step I realised :
1. Download Mojave through App Store and create my USB key with Unibeast.
2. Boot on my USB key and install Mojave.
3. Boot on Mojave through the USB key and did the post-installation with Multibeast (I posted a screenshot of my multibeast config below).

The problem is that after installing multibeast, I reboot my computer and I does not automatically boot on Mojave but on Windows 10 (I have Windows 10 on one HDD and Mojave on another HDD).

I need to press F11 (key to launch the boot menu) and choose something like "UEFI OS", then I've got the clover home screen and then I can choose to boot on Mojave.
The second problem is that when I do that, I see the Apple logo with the loading bar but a few seconds after that, I get a black screen.

The only solution, is to boot through the USB key as I did during the installation process.
If I do that, it's like multibeast installed no kexts because I've got no audio, no internet,...
I suppose it make sense because I should not boot through the USB key.

For the information :
- My monitor is connected to my Asus R9 280x through an HDMI cable.
- I use an ethernet cable for the internet connection.
- I am aware of some of the problems with the R9 280x but as far as I know, it's only with XFX cards which is not my case because I have an ASUS R9 280x card. Moreover, I've seen several success stories with R9 280x.
- I downloaded the last version of Multibeast.

EDIT :
Most of the problems have been fixed, I've posted another post in Network forum as it does not make sense anymore to post it here. Trying to delete this post.

Hopefully, I am clear enough.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

• Multibeast.png
    Multibeast.png
    92.8 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
Hi !

I've recently tried to install Mojave on my configuration but i've got some problem with multibeast.

Here's are the step I realised :
1. Download Mojave through App Store and create my USB key with Unibeast.
2. Boot on my USB key and install Mojave.
3. Boot on Mojave through the USB key and did the post-installation with Multibeast (I posted a screenshot of my multibeast config below).

The problem is that after installing multibeast, I reboot my computer and I does not automatically boot on Mojave but on Windows 10 (I have Windows 10 on one HDD and Mojave on another HDD).

I need to press F11 (key to launch the boot menu) and choose something like "UEFI OS", then I've got the clover home screen and then I can choose to boot on Mojave.
The second problem is that when I do that, I see the Apple logo with the loading bar but a few seconds after that, I get a black screen.

The only solution, is to boot through the USB key as I did during the installation process.
If I do that, it's like multibeast installed no kexts because I've got no audio, no internet,...
I suppose it make sense because I should not boot through the USB key.

For the information :
- My monitor is connected to my Asus R9 280x through an HDMI cable.
- I use an ethernet cable for the internet connection.
- I am aware of some of the problems with the R9 280x but as far as I know, it's only with XFX cards which is not my case because I have an ASUS R9 280x card. Moreover, I've seen several success stories with R9 280x.
- I downloaded the last version of Multibeast.

EDIT :
Most of the problems have been fixed, I've posted another post in Network forum as it does not make sense anymore to post it here. Trying to delete this post.

Hopefully, I am clear enough.
Thanks for the help.

Hello.

As well as changing the boot order in your BIOS, you can change which drive automatically boots through the Clover menu by editing config.plist - use Clover Configurator for simplicity.

The black screen might be caused by a few things - the most common whether or not you have installed the Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts. As an alternative you can use the "RadeonDeInit" key in your config.plist, or during boot from the Clover / Options / Graphic Injector menu. Also there is the possibility of the System-Definition you have chosen is causing problems. These are just two common examples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back