Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.4 Update

If your system's sleep is working with the Multibeast 5.3.1, that's great. If you still want to try the latest and want to minimize risk, you can try a fresh Mountain Lion 10.8.4 install with Multibeast 5.4.1 on an extra hard drive you may have lying around. That way your present working system is not affected at all, and you have nothing to lose.

I tried a fresh Mountain Lion 10.8.4 install with Multibeast 5.4.1 on an extra hard drive.
Manual sleep and wake worked!!!!
The computer would not sleep using the timed setting in Energy Saver. I then remembered that I'd had to install PleaseSleep on my main Mountain Lion drive.
http://www.dragonone.com/products/macosx/pleasesleep/

Manual AND timed sleep are now working with Multibeast 5.4.1.
rdfrey - Thanks VERY much for your help.

Thanks you very much ! Appreciated, tony mac

If you had used MultiBeast 5.4.1 you wouldn't have had this issue.

Of course I am using Multibeast 5.4.1. But there is something inside Plugins to kozlek's branch v5.2.724 that makes my system crash. Sure !

Of course I am using Multibeast 5.4.1. But there is something inside Plugins to kozlek's branch v5.2.724 that makes my system crash. Sure !
You need to use FakeSMC v5.2.725 with the v5.2.725 Plugins.

Can someone please explain "power management hibernation"? Why would I want this over "regular" sleep?

Thank You,Well done!

The lastest HNAK Intel driver broke my sleep / wake. Waking up did not work anymore, hack is on but screen stays black.

Went back to the old hnak's driver, everything is fine.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H with NVIDIA GTX650 from Asus.

Late to the party here.

I completely hosed my system with this one.

I got the dreaded "0xdeadbeef" error upon startup. I have been updating Hackitoshes for a couple years so this was a surprise.

I am pretty sure the issue is with the chameleon boot loader. Possible the file was corrupted or became corrupted when it was installed. I am confident that I can get it up and running when I have some free time this coming weekend.

Was interested if anyone else had the same problem.
(in the above post I should have said Chimera and not Chameleon)

I finally got around to fixing my Hackintosh. It was a really easy fix. I had another Mac laptop laying around so that made it easy.

The Chimera install must have become corrupted when I originally installed it. I pulled the SSD out and used a SATA to USB adapter to hook it up to my laptop. I downloaded the latest and greatest Chimera 2.1.1. Installed it on the proper drive. Walla - everything works.

Thanks to everyone at this site that makes all these wonderful tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back