Contribute
Register

MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: MultiBeast 5.4 Update

Has the chimera update removed the "unable to handle key" errors?

I think so, Howto get it back? So I just install chimera 2.0.1 and graphicsenabler=yes and now working, maybe I should stay chimera 2.0.1 from now on.

Sorry? You want to get the error messages back?

Seems to work better with those messages ;-)

Thank you, guys! From 1984 to 2012 I was PC only guy. No Mac, no Linux. Your website opened Apple World for me. With your help I built my first Mac from PC. And now I own iPhone 5, iPad 3, MacBook Pro 2013 and even Mac Pro 4.1 (unbelievable!). Thanks a lot for your great job!!!

Exactly same case for me. Tonymac brings me to Apple world after using Microsoft since Windows 95. Now, I had Apple TV, iPad mini and eventually Macbook Air which I never dreamed of before. And still, I can enjoy the flexibility and power of Hackintosh.

A friend from work also runs a hackintosh on his GA-X58A-UD3R on which he also reinstalled 10.8.4 and then used Multibeast 5.4.0. The same issue with Sleep not working happened with him as well, whereas before it was working fine for him. He describes the monitor staying dark after attempting to wake his computer. Also just as in my case, he also needs to do a hard reboot to get out of this situation because the computer otherwise becomes completely non-responsive.

I told him I had the same problem and number of people had reported the same issue. I had found that it was specifically the Fakesmc.kext version 5.2.724 that is included with Multibeast 5.4.0 that was the cause of this problem which seems to break Sleep. I told him to delete Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724, and to install the previous Fakesmc.kext v5.1.61 which is included with Multibeast 5.3.1.

After replacing the newer Fakesmc.kext with the previous 5.1.61 version, to his surprise he found that normal Sleep functionality was fully restored and now works properly again on his computer.

I'm glad I found a workaround for this, but I wonder if this will cause any other issues by having an older version Fakesmc.kext with the newer kexts that 5.4.0 installs? So far for me, running my system with the older Fakesmc 5.1.61 along with newer kexts installed with Multibeast 5.4.0, I haven't encountered any problems at all and everything seems to working perfectly normally and smoothly for me.

If anyone else is encountering problems with sleep with the new Fakesmc.kext v5.2.724, please let us know what your experience is. On another note, I want to say I'm very pleased the new Chimera no longer has those " "unable to handle key" messages appear on boot. Great job and thanks so much! :)

MacMan had posted this 3 days ago:

MultiBeast 5.4.1 Released 2013-07-23

Internal Changes:

- Updated FakeSMC and Plugins to kozlek's branch v5.2.725 but with auto-update disabled
- Fixed updating of Themes to only delete Default theme folder instead of the Themes folder

This is the only supported version of MultiBeast 5.4.

Are there any compelling reasons to update if things are working?

Just noticed that Multibeast 5.4.1 was released, as mentioned by Answer Man.

I downloaded it and used it on another fresh install of 10.8.4, and everything is working great, including Sleep. This new Multibeast contains an updated Fakesmc v5.2.725, which does not break Sleep, unlike the earlier troublesome Fakesmc version v5.2.724.

It's nice to see Sleep working again without having to resort to a mixed collection of older and newer kexts. Now everything is up to date and works great.

Thanks for the super quick update! :) And thanks to Answer Man for the heads up on the updated Multibeast.

before i'm use ASUS GTX560 NVIDIA 1G(10.8.4) it's work ok!,and now i'm use ATI XFX AMD6950 2G can enter system,but screen is white,can i see cursor, no show anyiing screen icon.whos help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back