Contribute
Register

Multi-display setup

Did you notice that the seller of that Radeon Pro is in Italy ? Could take longer to get
or be more difficult to return if you don't live in the EU.

APPIEFFE GROUP SRL
P.IVA 11872671000 - REA RM1333623
Via Codigoro 9 00127 Roma
ITALY
No worries, that's just a random Amazon link for general information about selected parts. I'm from EU yes, I will buy the card locally here where I live if the card is ok.

I’m interested to know how you have the 5 monitors laid out, two above three, landscape or portrait, used for gaming?. Would love to see a pic!.

Not sure if this guy ships international, but $169 on eBay. Radeon W5700, from the other photos it looks like its taken from a storage unit, maybe an old mining warehouse shutdown.

from the other photos it looks like its taken from a storage unit, maybe an old mining warehouse shutdown.
I think you're right. Not sure what their definition of "lightly used" means. Only ran 23 hrs. per day ??

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Looking closely at that sellers other listings shows this. 79 mining GPUs for sale.
Screen Shot 15.jpg

I bought an ex-mining Sapphire RX570 once.

I don't recommend it.

For a start it was clogged with dirt and took some cleaning. Then of course I had to reflash the VBIOS to a standard one rather than a mining one.

Again, that's just a random Amazon link for general information about selected parts. Don't look to much into it. ;)But I still could use some suggestions regarding:
Still deciding on CPU cooler (air or AIO). Can you even control AIO RGB lighting in hackintosh and how does that effect with sleep, or is it better just to stick to air coolers? Any good suggestions?
And which modular PSU would you recommend (that also supports Radeon VII cable-wise)? Corsair RM850x, RM1000x, HX1000i,...

I’m interested to know how you have the 5 monitors laid out, two above three, landscape or portrait, used for gaming?. Would love to see a pic!.
Yes, 2x24" above 22", 29", 22". No gaming. One 22" has Youtube, center 29" is for general browsing, work, productivity, second 22" has music forum and Whatsapp, one 24" Tidal/iTunes/Twitch, second 24" VOX player and home security cameras. When I first build my original hackintosh I had single 22", added second 22" and then bought 29". I modified the 22"s, took away the enclosure/case so that I minimized the bezels. That was at the time Snow Leopard and HD5770 was around. Next came Nvidia drivers and GTX970. Threw that in and tried if I can work with both cards. To my suprise both card were working so I eventually bought two used 24" Dell's for good price.

20230401_131710-01.png

How can I control RGB lighting? Can I run Windows virtual machine (Parallels Desktop, VMWare Fusion, Boot Camp) on hackintosh and control it from there (Asus Aura Sync, Gigabyte RGB Fusion)?

I've put together my new build and I would need some help post install. I get this graphic glitches on desktop. Videos are working fine.

i7-14700k
Asus Rog Strix Z790-H Gaming Wifi
64GB 6400MHz RAM
AMD Radeon PRO W5700

Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 23.22.02.png
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 23.29.38.png
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 23.30.07.png
Screenshot 2024-01-28 at 23.44.40.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    34.1 MB · Views: 13
Back