MSI Z97 G43 PC Mate
CPU
i5-4590
Graphics
R9 270X
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all!
first I have to say I am all new to this. It ll be my first try for a hackintosh - I am a graphic designer and I cant work on windows on my home-workstation anymore! I read the necessary guides and a tons more!

My build:
Mobo: MSI Z97-G43 PC Mate (7816-058R)
Graphic: Asus Radeon R 270x 2GB
Ram: 2x Kingston 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 CL10 HyperX Fury Black Series
CPU: Intel i5 4590 QuadCore 3,3Ghz
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (for OS and programs only)

I got several questions about the installation - I searched the forum but couldnt find posts that would answer my questions....

I wanted to install YOSEMITE because i thougth EL CAPITAN might makes problems or is still buggy. Anyway I cant download Yosemite in the app store (from my macbook pro retina display) only el capitan. So i have to go with el capitan right?

I read all the guides and it seams not to be that hard, at least I thought first...
I thought i could buy Snow Leopard via download.. but couldnt find anything so i have to buy in store(?).
Can i download elcapitan on the macbook and start the installation process even i didnt buy snow leopard for my new pc yet? (i mean may i change (or add the product) (to) the apple id later??)

Does somebody with maybe the same (or close) hardware can give me some tipps for the installation?

Do i need a DSDT or kext? I really dont have any clue about this... even i read a lot of post/threads and so on... (maybe its because my english (at least for things about computers), aint that well.)

and everything else you think I need to know about this specs for OS X (drivers...)

If somebody is that nice and helps me here - i'd be so happy!!!!!! :)

Hi all!
first I have to say I am all new to this. It ll be my first try for a hackintosh - I am a graphic designer and I cant work on windows on my home-workstation anymore! I read the necessary guides and a tons more!

My build:
Mobo: MSI Z97-G43 PC Mate (7816-058R)
Graphic: Asus Radeon R 270x 2GB
Ram: 2x Kingston 8GB 1866Mhz DDR3 CL10 HyperX Fury Black Series
CPU: Intel i5 4590 QuadCore 3,3Ghz
SSD: Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (for OS and programs only)

I got several questions about the installation - I searched the forum but couldnt find posts that would answer my questions....

I wanted to install YOSEMITE because i thougth EL CAPITAN might makes problems or is still buggy. Anyway I cant download Yosemite in the app store (from my macbook pro retina display) only el capitan. So i have to go with el capitan right?

I read all the guides and it seams not to be that hard, at least I thought first...
I thought i could buy Snow Leopard via download.. but couldnt find anything so i have to buy in store(?).
Can i download elcapitan on the macbook and start the installation process even i didnt buy snow leopard for my new pc yet? (i mean may i change (or add the product) (to) the apple id later??)

Does somebody with maybe the same (or close) hardware can give me some tipps for the installation?

Do i need a DSDT or kext? I really dont have any clue about this... even i read a lot of post/threads and so on... (maybe its because my english (at least for things about computers), aint that well.)

and everything else you think I need to know about this specs for OS X (drivers...)

If somebody is that nice and helps me here - i'd be so happy!!!!!! :)

Unless you have Yosemite that you downloaded previously, it is unlikely you will be able to get it now. But no reason not to go with El Cap from what you are saying.

You don't need the Snow Leopard DVD. Since you already have a fully working macbook pro, you can simply download the El Cap installer onto it, and make your Unibeast installer from that. On modern hardware Snow Leopard only really gives us a very basic and temporary installation, just enough to download OSX and create the installer. But you can download direct to your macbook pro.

You should start the installation following this guide, which is recommended. Your hardware looks quite reasonable. Do a search on the forums though to find other people who have used the same graphics card as you, and see if they report any gotchas or tips you can use.

It is unlikely you will need a DSDT to get up and running.

:thumbup:

hi!
thank you!
i made the bootable usb drive.

now i wanted to install (boot from usb). it always says when i choose the usb to boot " Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

i made the bootable usb drive in uefi mode - wrong?
i did the bios settings as told in the msi z97 guide. But i cant find set OS to other OS in my Bios..

what am i making wrong?
shall i try again making the bootable usb with legacy?

Edit: when i change boot mode select to uefi .. i dont even see the usb only with legacy and uefi...

hi!
thank you!
i made the bootable usb drive.

now i wanted to install (boot from usb). it always says when i choose the usb to boot " Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

i made the bootable usb drive in uefi mode - wrong?
i did the bios settings as told in the msi z97 guide. But i cant find set OS to other OS in my Bios..

what am i making wrong?
shall i try again making the bootable usb with legacy?

Edit: when i change boot mode select to uefi .. i dont even see the usb only with legacy and uefi...

UEFI external devices usually show up regardless.

You can try UEFI only if you have that option, it depends on what is available in your bios settings.

You want to select the option that shows your USB installer as UEFI.

Its common to see 2 entries for the same device, similar to this:

AHCI : Corsair Voyager USB3.0
UEFI : Corsair Voyager USB3.0

Thats how I see mine, yours will vary depending on what USB device you have.

Important thing is to select the UEFI entry.

thank you.
i checked everything now and i think i found the problem!

i didnt select GUID Partition Table.. crap its late over here...

but still thank you for the fast respons!!

Hi thank you for the help.

i am writing this now from my mackintosh :) yay!!!!

so my setup works ;)

now ill have to go for sound and boot.. tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back