Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
In the past week or so I've been attempting to install Mavericks. At this point, creating the boot drive with USB isn't so much the issue nor is setting my motherboard (MSI Z87-GD65) to its correct settings an issue. I've used multiple boot flags and hoping to get some sort of spark and hoping for the best. My build:

Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65
Graphics: GTX 660
Processor: i7-4770K

As of now I'm going the route of trying to install alongside my current OS (Windows) and not on a separate HDD. At this point I'm willing to try anything. I've read a few things here and there about editing kernels or something? Not sure. Pretty new to hackintosh's. Thanks for reading.

msi z87 bios have to be patched first before install via pmpatch use search. if needed i can patch bios for u

MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming & i7-4770K - Flash Boot Screen

If there was a way I can hug you over the internet I would! I managed to do some research and got it patched and as we speak I'm replying with my phone (installing drivers with multi beast ATM). By the way, which network driver would I use? I've read there is a driver somewhere and then I've read there isn't...

Managed to boot into everything and install without boot flags too!

bcm and killer nics r to be avoided due to poor support realtec is the best supported in osx and less than 20.00 bones in any store sorry for the bad news

his nic is e2205 not e2200

I would guess this means there is no Multibeast support for my nic at the moment? If not and I go about purchasing a separate nic, are there any special kexts I would need to use or would Mavericks pick it up right away? Excuse my ignorance....

thats correct no support for the E2205 nic so a pcie lan is best option. tp link makes some cheap realtek that has support in multibeast or look for supported artheros pcie cards like the tp link 4800 for example

Okay, last question - could it be any particular pcie network card? If I remember right I do believe my local best buy may have one or two laying around and I could probably score one soon. If not I'll probably get the one that was linked earlier. It's no big deal to me. Or is there a list of supported cards? (ok, that was last question) :D

Perhaps this one? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833166019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back