Motherboard
MSI Z87-GD65
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX Titan X (Maxwell)
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
So, before I actually explain myself I should note that I do have a working Hackintosh with the BIOS version being 1.8 on this particular motherboard. Patched it with pmpatch and installation was a breeze!

Okay, so here we go. I noticed the other day on MSI's website that there is a newer version of my particular mobo's bios and figured I could just go about the same procedures and be on my way. Although, whenever I downloaded version 1.9 and patched it my mobo would freeze whenever trying to update via USB.

So really my point for posting this is to ask, has anyone had any luck with updating to 1.9? To be honest it works 100% fine on 1.8. I'm the type of person who keeps everything up-to-date as much as possible.

Recently I wiped everything from all HDD being ignorant trying to install SteamOS Beta. Now that I will have things figured out later this evening I may try and do so before installing Mavericks again.

Thanks for reading you guys. All comments are appreciated!
-Evan

So, before I actually explain myself I should note that I do have a working Hackintosh with the BIOS version being 1.8 on this particular motherboard. Patched it with pmpatch and installation was a breeze!

Okay, so here we go. I noticed the other day on MSI's website that there is a newer version of my particular mobo's bios and figured I could just go about the same procedures and be on my way. Although, whenever I downloaded version 1.9 and patched it my mobo would freeze whenever trying to update via USB.

So really my point for posting this is to ask, has anyone had any luck with updating to 1.9? To be honest it works 100% fine on 1.8. I'm the type of person who keeps everything up-to-date as much as possible.

Recently I wiped everything from all HDD being ignorant trying to install SteamOS Beta. Now that I will have things figured out later this evening I may try and do so before installing Mavericks again.

Thanks for reading you guys. All comments are appreciated!
-Evan
I have the same Motherboard as you and it installs great on 1.9 but the only problem I have is getting the right multibeast settings considering i keep getting a kernal panic on reboot. May i ask what settings you are using?

To be honest, I used the Easy DSDT (Hopefully I got that spelled correctly) installation and as far as my audio goes I do believe I went with Realtek ALCxxx --->ALC1150. Installed. Rebooted. Then everything has been perfectly fine for me ever since. How did you manage to get your BIOS to update to 1.9? I'm curious!

Also, apologies for taking what seems like weeks to reply. Work the past couple weeks have been so crazy. Haven't been able to touch a computer really.

hello sorry if I'm intruding, but I have the same motherboard, the only thing I changed in the bios is ahcpi then this motherboard is nothing else to change? I have a i74770k I saw that the download is iBoot haswell how it works? and to burn a cd or plugs into the usb?

hello sorry if I'm intruding, but I have the same motherboard, the only thing I changed in the bios is ahcpi then this motherboard is nothing else to change? I have a i74770k I saw that the download is iBoot haswell how it works? and to burn a cd or plugs into the usb?

You will need a Mac OS X Snow Leopard DVD, and to burn the iBoot Haswell on a CD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back