Graphics
MSI Radeon HD 7750
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Was checking if anyone knows about a driver for Radeon HD 7750. Don't care if it's Lion or Mountain Lion. It's been awhile since I've had a Hackintosh so it doesn't really matter. I will build to suite. Thank you.

Was checking if anyone knows about a driver for Radeon HD 7750. Don't care if it's Lion or Mountain Lion. It's been awhile since I've had a Hackintosh so it doesn't really matter. I will build to suite. Thank you.

I don't believe there are any OS X drivers currently for the Radeon HD 7xxx series. Though there are hints that they may be coming in 10.8.3.

Any news here? I am torn between GT 640 (unavailable here as "silent" models) and HD 7750 (available immediately as a "silent" model, i.e. no fan) and would get the latter tomorrow if I could expect it to work with 10.8.3.

Any news here? I am torn between GT 640 (unavailable here as "silent" models) and HD 7750 (available immediately as a "silent" model, i.e. no fan) and would get the latter one tomorrow if I could expect it to work with 10.8.3.
Currently the latest version of mac osx supports the following AMD 7xxx series cards : AMD Radeon HD 7750, 7770, 7870, 7950, 7970.
So technically a 7750 would work , But currently Chimera/Chameleon are not compatible with 7xxx series cards . So the only way to boot using a 7xxx series card is to boot using a secondary graphics card (or integrated graphics on the cpu) and then switch to the 7750 once you are in Mac osx .

So if you have a second graphics card or have a cpu that has a graphics unit (e.g HD 3000 or 4000) , then i would say get the 7750 as it is by far superior to the GT 640 .
But if you don't have a secondary graphics card just stick with the GT 640 .

If you plan on getting a 7xxx series card then you may want to read this thread : http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/92710-10-8-3-amd-radeon-hd-7xxx-graphics-testing-thread.html

Edit : Just realized that even though the 7750 is supported by mac osx , no body has reported it to work . So i would say go with the GT 640 as it requires less work .

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...adeon-7750-1gb-gddr5-10-8-3-a.html#post605670

Does this count as a success or not?

EDIT: I'm really in trouble with this. I would buy a GT 610 to get this over with, and later something more powerful. My problem is, there are no quiet GT 640 cards available here ATM. There is one HD 7750 card readily available with a big heatsink and no fan, so I am very much drawn towards it.

One possibility is a GTX 650 and an aftermarket silent cooler. Or one that is available for a GT 640. But the easiest and physically least messy would be the HD 7750. From what I saw, I am not sure that GT 610 works as easily and flawlessly as GT 640. First I thought that both would work with no effort, but there seems to be some threads documenting fights with the GT 610.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...adeon-7750-1gb-gddr5-10-8-3-a.html#post605670

Does this count as a success or not?

EDIT: I'm really in trouble with this. I would buy a GT 610 to get this over with, and later something more powerful. My problem is, there are no quiet GT 640 cards available here ATM. There is one HD 7750 card readily available with a big heatsink and no fan, so I am very much drawn towards it.

One possibility is a GTX 650 and an aftermarket silent cooler. Or one that is available for a GT 640. But the easiest and physically least messy would be the HD 7750. From what I saw, I am not sure that GT 610 works as easily and flawlessly as GT 640. First I thought that both would work with no effort, but there seems to be some threads documenting fights with the GT 610.
If that post is telling the truth , the a 7750 should work . But remember you will still need a secondary Graphics solution (i.e HD 4000) to boot into mac osx .

Oh and GT 610 in 10.8.1 , 10.8.2 will not work natively and will require a patched kext . But if you use 10.8.3 the card will work out of the box. Although considering you were first thinking of buying a 7750 , a GT 610 would be a significant downgrade as it doesn't really provide a major advantage over integrated solutions .

And it was with _other_ Radeon cards that people have been able to use Clover EFI and boot the machine with only a Radeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back