Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

I don't have iGPU. My chip is KF. Created another USB with a fresh 13.1 download and installed on a different drive (again), with/without XMP enabled - no luck. Still having the same problem. Did you look at the EFI folder I submitted?

Hi there.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I've checked your EFI folder and found the following which might, or might not, help:

1) The USBPorts.kext is unlikely to work. It has the wrong 'port-count" variable. Did you create this yourself or find it somewhere else?

2) The Misc/Security/ SecureBootModel variable should be changed to "Disabled" for installation.

3) You do not need the "agdpmod=pikera OR -wegnoigpu" boot-aguments (NVRAM section).

4) I'm no authority on MSI motherboards, but I would have thought you needed an SSDT-AWAC.aml. I see a disabler, but wonder why?

If I'm missing the point, please let me know. :thumbup:

Hi there.

I'm a bit late to the party here but I've checked your EFI folder and found the following which might, or might not, help:

1) The USBPorts.kext is unlikely to work. It has the wrong 'port-count" variable. Did you create this yourself or find it somewhere else?

2) The Misc/Security/ SecureBootModel variable should be changed to "Disabled" for installation.

3) You do not need the "agdpmod=pikera OR -wegnoigpu" boot-aguments (NVRAM section).

4) I'm no authority on MSI motherboards, but I would have thought you needed an SSDT-AWAC.aml. I see a disabler, but wonder why?

If I'm missing the point, please let me know. :thumbup:
Thats my EFI. This has been educational and looks like I might have missed a beat or two.

1. Can you educate me on the port-count deal?

2. Goodness, I've been using Default instead. Big shame, sorry guys.

3. Yep, I thought the user had a different GPU for awhile.

4. I was following the guides and saw if you had AWAC on your DSDT then you should disable it via SSDT-AWAC.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I've been using EFI folders 0.86/0.87 created by the Moderator of this thread. I've made changes to config.plist under the direction of the Moderator. I'll try your suggestions as well.

Thanks for the reply. I've been using EFI folders 0.86/0.87 created by the Moderator of this thread. I've made changes to config.plist under the direction of the Moderator. I'll try your suggestions as well.

@UtterDisbelief knows a lot more than me here. I'm fixing the port count now.

I just don't understand why OC 0.86/0.87 works with macOS 13.01 and not 13.1.

I just don't understand why OC 0.86/0.87 works with macOS 13.01 and not 13.1.
I think his suggestion might be the key. Specifically SecureBootModel=Default and the boot arguments.

@UtterDisbelief knows a lot more than me here. I'm fixing the port count now.

Hey, no! :D I was just late to the thread and so haven't read every post. MSI is not my strong point. My bad!

Yeah, check the USBPorts.kext.

For me SecureBootModel has had to be "Disabled" since Monterey, just to get installed. I leave it at that but others swap back to Default. YMMV etc.

Gotcha re the CPU. I only saw the later post as being the "KF" variant etc.

In my own experience (non-MSI obv) SSDT-AWAC has been necessary to boot for recent macOS versions. But it may work without. Let me know. :thumbup:

:)

Hey, no! :D I was just late to the thread and so haven't read every post. MSI is not my strong point. My bad!

Yeah, check the USBPorts.kext.

For me SecureBootModel has had to be "Disabled" since Monterey, just to get installed. I leave it at that but others swap back to Default. YMMV etc.

Gotcha re the CPU. I only saw the later post as being the "KF" variant etc.

In my own experience (non-MSI obv) SSDT-AWAC has been necessary to boot for recent macOS versions. But it may work without. Let me know. :thumbup:

:)

Oh no I meant it. You rock.

I just reprinted (export from Hackintool) and it changed from 19000000 to 17000000. Does that seem right?

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext
    4 KB · Views: 17
Oh no I meant it. You rock.

I just reprinted (export from Hackintool) and it changed from 19000000 to 17000000. Does that seem right?

The kext is corrupted. Try Zipping it first before uploading (I've noticed this happens to config.plist files too - must be something to do with the forum software). :thumbup:

The kext is corrupted. Try Zipping it first before uploading (I've noticed this happens to config.plist files too - must be something to do with the forum software). :thumbup:
Oops, lets see if this works.

Attachments

• USBPorts.kext.zip
    2.4 KB · Views: 26
Back