Contribute
Register

MSI PRO Z690 A DDR4 + i7-12700K + AMD RX 580

Both of the steps are done, I have successfully installed macOS 12.5 (with some novice mistakes, but thanks to @Feartech @sonny362), but, my internet is not working. Ethernet is detected and even show green dot, it's like system is connected to internet but there is no data transfer even of 0 bits, so everything has time out error.
On Hackintool, en0 is builtin (with grey tick).

Wi-‏Fii & Bluetooth toggle is not turning on.
You can try the simple solution with I-225V Ethernet: fix in the network card settings the transmission speed from auto to 1000Gbs (or to 2500, if yo're using it). It works for me.

Last edited:
@Wuttodo,

That's because the settings are incomplete. Enabling the Intel I225-V 2.5Gbe LAN in Monterey is easy. Simply add e1000=0 to the NVRAM boot-arg and add the following details below to your device properties. LAN driver kext is no longer needed because it is now natively supported by macOS and it will work.

View attachment 555624

As for the Intel BT & WiFi, that's also easy. Grab the three kexts IntelBluetoothFirmware, BluetoolFixup.kext and Airportitlwm.kext (Monterey stable) from the OpenIntelWireless and PatchRAM3 Github repos and enable those.

I already had the similar entry, but instead of 1B it was 1C, nevertheless I added same entry as yours along with boot-arg, but it didn't work. Maybe I need to remove some kexts too? The following method worked however but I wanted it to work automatically.
You can try the simple solution with I-225V Ethernet: fix in the network card settings the transmission speed from auto to 1000Gbs (or to 2500, if yo're using it). It works for me.

Ethernet worked, thank to both of you! But I Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are still not working.

By this point I am feeling like I am hijacking this Golden Build thread, so I have created my own:

Last edited:
Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are still not working.
My mobo doesn't have WiFi, sorry.
I'm using the cheepest noname BT whistle (with BT keyb+touchpad), and it works fine with BlueToolFixup.kext.

Hi, I'm try ing to get my hackintosch working. I'm stuck on installation errors. Can somebody see what is happening here?

I have:
  • MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk Wifi
  • i7-12700F
  • Samsung 2TB 980 Pro NVMe
  • MSI GT 710

Attachments

• opencore-2022-10-05-232757.txt
    256 KB · Views: 34
  • config.plist
    19.1 KB · Views: 35
Hi, I'm try ing to get my hackintosch working. I'm stuck on installation errors. Can somebody see what is happening here?

I have:
  • MSI MAG Z690 Tomahawk Wifi
  • i7-12700F
  • Samsung 2TB 980 Pro NVMe
  • MSI GT 710
the guide is in post 1

My mobo doesn't have WiFi, sorry.
I'm using the cheepest noname BT whistle (with BT keyb+touchpad), and it works fine with BlueToolFixup.kext.
On my Z690 system I have installed both the wifi and the BT integrated in the mobo, both the Fenvi T919 card and an Archer T3U plus usb key installed with the Chriss1111 procedure. I decide in the system preferences which one to use. Normally I use the USB T3U plus which receives a stronger signal from the router, which is approx. 30 meters from where I have my work station, and it travels at 170 mbps. With the LAN and Intel I-225 network cable, which is also perfectly functional, I travel at 950 mbps with the ftth fiber.

Installed Ventura and my machine (running this build except with a 6800 XT) doesn't see the Ethernet controller at all. Can't add it. Hackintool just shows the wireless card as en0. Any suggestions? Monterey on a second drive sees the Ethernet controller fine (did apply the force to 1000 fix above to get it to work in Monterey).

Installed Ventura and my machine (running this build except with a 6800 XT) doesn't see the Ethernet controller at all. Can't add it. Hackintool just shows the wireless card as en0. Any suggestions? Monterey on a second drive sees the Ethernet controller fine (did apply the force to 1000 fix above to get it to work in Monterey).
Very strange.
I have the same mobo, there isn't any troubles with Ethernet (i225-V) in Ventura.
I tried this one in Ventura beta - all OK. Last night upgraded my Monterey 12.6.0 to Ventura - the same. Ethernet works on 2500 fine, without fixing the speed.

1. What OC version are you using?
2. Do you using the last mobo BIOS?

Hello NorthAmTransAm I have an MSI z690 Force and a 12600k I already own and I am considering giving it a go , i will also be using the 5700xt from my Designare z390 build , is there a chance your EFI would work for me ?

I'll be updating towards the end of November as i've got some Pro Tools sessions to run and can't risk something not working. Keep scouring the forum though, I bet you you someone else has the same ethernet controller issue as we'll all be updating. Most likely its something super simple.

@danofun thanks for the kind words! I've had a busy touring schedule since June so i've been a bit absent but plan to dive back into this stuff as soon as i'm back. Thanks for keeping the thread alive and being helpful.

@Nikos87 this would be a sweet machine for you. My EFI, though not completely current, should work fine for you just read over post #1 as there are some nuances and knowing how it works is crucial--we are our own troublshooters. Also I believe you'll need to add the boot arg
Code:
agdpmod=pikera
for your 5700xt. Is that right @Feartech?

Back