Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion Update 10.8.3 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
Graphic glitches after updating to 10.8.3 ?

Since I made the update to 10.8.3 I'm having graphic glitches, especially when playing flash vids or net streams. Are some of you experiencing the same? Some ideas what I could do about?
Thanks.

Since I made the update to 10.8.3 I'm having graphic glitches, especially when playing flash vids or net streams. Are some of you experiencing the same? Some ideas what I could do about?
Thanks.

Did you patch your own DSDT yet?

Is it possible for someone to post the audio and battery kexts needed to get them to work in 10.8.3? I can't seem to get kextwizard to download anything and for some reason I don't have a back up.

Thanks!

Just to let others know, I updated from 10.8.2 using combo update, then used ProBookInstaller61b3 and it's working a treat.
Thanks to everyone for sharing your suggestions/tips.

I've already taken a stand but once again I would like to express that even if not perfect GenericUSBXHCI is way better than PXHCD.
I have not encountered any serious problems with GenericUSBXHCI but based on what 'appleiscool' described I think PXHCD is causing same problems + many more.

Maybe nguynemac will summarize his experience with both kexts, as I recall he's using USB3.

my experience with GenericUSBXHCI vs either PXHCD or the CalDigit kext is simple:

my probook doesn't have USB3, so i bought a "mac compatible" USB3 expresscard. there was no problem with the expresscard being recognized by OS X when i inserted it. with either PXHCD or CalDigit, System Information-->USB showed the expresscard's port as SuperSpeed, but with a speed of 480 mb/sec. testing confirmed that in fact it was operating at usb2 speed.

however, with the GenericUSBXHCI kext, the expresscard's port is recognized as SuperSpeed, with a speed of "up to 5GB/sec". and, testing supports that info.

also, i have a desktop hack with a pci-e usb3 card (NEC chip) that never worked properly with the older kexts, but does work fine with GenericUSBXHCI.

so, my strong vote is for GenericUSBXHCI in the installer.

ken

my experience with GenericUSBXHCI vs either PXHCD or the CalDigit kext is simple:

my probook doesn't have USB3, so i bought a "mac compatible" USB3 expresscard. there was no problem with the expresscard being recognized by OS X when i inserted it. with either PXHCD or CalDigit, System Information-->USB showed the expresscard's port as SuperSpeed, but with a speed of 480 mb/sec. testing confirmed that in fact it was operating at usb2 speed.

however, with the GenericUSBXHCI kext, the expresscard's port is recognized as SuperSpeed, with a speed of "up to 5GB/sec". and, testing supports that info.

also, i have a desktop hack with a pci-e usb3 card (NEC chip) that never worked properly with the older kexts, but does work fine with GenericUSBXHCI.

so, my strong vote is for GenericUSBXHCI in the installer.

ken

Make sure you test the build that I did: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/93732-new-kexts-proposed-probook-installer-v6-1-a.html

4530s frozen when coming out of sleep

I installed 10.8.3, intalled the 2 kexts from 10.8.2 from post#3 (Saved a backup of AppleHDA.kext, and AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext to a folder on my desktop, and installed them.)

Everything was smooth, ecxept HDMI-sound did not work.
So I installed just the 10.8.3 from PB installer 6.1b4, and the sound came back via HDMI, Great!

But now, when my 4530s sleeps, the mouse and computer is frozen when I try to wake it up.

Any ideas?

PS: I love you rehab man:)

sinc
slarsah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back