Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've restarted from Scratch fresh install.
No audio helper installed at all so no audio but Airplay.
Attached are DSDT.aml and ioreg after the patch/compile.
You solved the enabler problem. The dsdt attached has no HDMI edits. The IOReg show the dsdt edits. 892 audio does not work because either there is a ALC8xxHDA.kext installed somewhere (delete, fix permissions and cache) or the wrong AppleHDA.kext is installed (MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892; Note: With DSDT). HD4000 HDMI audio does not work because the framebuffer is not correct. Reply with an IOReg that shows on board audio is working and only the HDMI device is attached to the HDMI port on the motherboard.

You solved the enabler problem. The dsdt attached has no HDMI edits. The IOReg show the dsdt edits. 892 audio does not work because either there is a ALC8xxHDA.kext installed somewhere (delete, fix permissions and cache) or the wrong AppleHDA.kext is installed (MultiBeast 5.2.1 or newer - Select/Drivers & Bootloaders/Drivers/Audio/Realtek ALC8xx/With DSDT/ALC892; Note: With DSDT). HD4000 HDMI audio does not work because the framebuffer is not correct. Reply with an IOReg that shows on board audio is working and only the HDMI device is attached to the HDMI port on the motherboard.

No ALC8XXHDA.kext, OK
installed WITH DSDT ALC892 via MultiBeast OK
Only TV is connected with HDMI but at first screen was garbage I had to unplug/plug the cable after that video OK

But Still no hdmi audio

Attached IOREG with DSDT edited,

http://db.tt/eL0n6sRq

Thank you very much, Toleda!

Unfortunately, the solutions you suggested didn't work. But i'm cool: i have crystal clear HDA sound (thanks to Mirone), which is already more than i can ask. I confess i've not given up, and i'll try other solutions by myself. Sincerely, thank you so much for investing so much time trying to help me. :)

Last questions: i know that VoodooHDA and AppleHDA don't get along, and having both at the same time usually leads to a kernel panic, but is it possible, at least theoretically, to assign the GFX sound (HDMI) to VoodooHDA and the internal Realtek sound to AppleHDA, so they don't conflict and so the system doesn't crash upon boot? (i.e.: assigning a primary match string). If it's possible, how do i start? I think i'd have to edit the AppleHDAController plug-in, right?

Best regards!

is it possible, at least theoretically, to assign the GFX sound (HDMI) to VoodooHDA and the internal Realtek sound to AppleHDA
Someone got it work; search Google: Mixed VoodooHDA AppleHDA

Lol, i guessed close: it was indeed a primary match string. But it seems his success was with the exact opposite of what i want. Anyway, it's worthy of a try.

Thank you very much, Toleda!

Best regards.

I so stupid I can't figure out your Automated Method for Mountain Lion HDMI audio. I've spent all day trying to figure this out and I'm no closer than I was when I started.
Deja vu. The guide in Post #1 of this thread is a summary of the procedure. Before you got to all your questions, you should have clicked on Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - Award DSDT. Post #1 has more detail, specific to the Award/Gigabyte dsdt. Once in the Award dsdt thread, download the HD3000_Award_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit. In the editing kit, there is a Read_me_first. It has IOReg screenshots for the device_ids you can't find. It shows you what is native to the dsdt, what the editing kit is looking for and what the dsdt will look like after the edits. It is likely, no edits to the edit file are required. Similar to the last time, too much information.

I give up .I just made a fresh install of my system .Attached are the dsdt without any hdmi audio injection and a copy of ioreg. Hope toleda can help me .
I also used my lcd display as my secondary display using a dvi 2 hdmi cable.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    18.6 KB · Views: 59
  • herbie12ioregfreshinstall.zip
    464.4 KB · Views: 63
I don't see GFX0@2 anywhere.
If Integrated graphics is not enabled in the BIOS, you will not see GFX0 is IOReg. GFX0 is in your dsdt. If your dsdt is from the DSDT Database and you are using the hdmi_audio_award_hd3000.txt patch file, apply the patch file as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back