Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Toleda! How are you?

May i ask your help once more? This time specifically for HDMI audio - my CODEC is beyond any hope for HDMI patching, since it's a VIA1705, so i won't even bother; it's a HTPC, so i only need HDMI working and i noticed that it's possible even when the internal audio doesn't work.

The card is a HD5450, and all ports are working fine, full QE/CI with a 40'' TV and 1080 res.

Here's my IOReg and untouched dsdt: View attachment IOREGDSDT.zip with the TV connected to my computer's HDMI port. I'm currently using VoodooHDA for my internal audio (even VoodooHDA cannot enable HDMI audio, despite detecting the port).

All the best!

This time specifically for HDMI audio - my CODEC is beyond any hope for HDMI patching, since it's a VIA1705, so i won't even bother; it's a HTPC, so i only need HDMI working and i noticed that it's possible even when the internal audio doesn't work.

The card is a HD5450, and all ports are working fine, full QE/CI with a 40'' TV and 1080 res.
At least the av-signal-type and conector-type are correct. AMD HDMI audio works without onboard audio in ML with Audio ID: 1.

Steps:
Update to 10.8.2
Clean Compile and Add HDEF, see ML: How to Add or Edit dsdt/HDEF
Add HDMI audio dsdt edits, see Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - AMI DSDT, use 5-Series_AMI_BIOS_hdmi_audio_dsdt_editing_kit, edit P0P1 to PCE2 and 0x00010000 to 0x00020000 in hdmi_audio_ami_5_series_amd-nvidia_discrete_graphics.txt patch file
Compile, save, install and restart.

If no HDMI audio, see Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3a: Kext Edits - AMD for Eulemur framebuffer edits.

Reply with edited dsdt and new IOReg.

Hi, Toleda!

Thank you very much indeed for the answer.

Before i start, though: isn't it possible to do these edits under Lion 10.7.5, or is there an option to add the same functionality under 10.7.5? For me, updating to 10.8.2 means stop using some hardware that need 32-bit drivers (kexts) - i run 10.7.5 in arch=i386 kernel mode! If i have to, i will, because HDMI audio is more important, but if there's other way, it would be better. :)

Best regards!

Before i start, though: isn't it possible to do these edits under Lion 10.7.5
HDMI audio does not work without onboard audio in Lion. The Interim AppleHDA works without onboard but does not support AMD HDMI audio.

hi TheConnactic
codec_dump leave your topic in the forum ola....rila
I'll try to edit a via1705 AppleHDA for your codec.
although not sure this is compatible with AppleHDA.

Mirone and Toleda: you guys are awesome, really!

I'll post the Linux Codec Dump in ola..., Mirone: thank you. Can it be in the AppleHDA topic, right?

If it;s not possible to make the Via CODEC to work, i'll follow your advice, Toleda, and update to 10.8.2 (or .3, if it's out at the time). Thank you!

All the best!

Z68X-UD5-B3 No Integrated Graphics - Quadro 4000 PEG

Compile Summary:

! Line: 2860
Code: 1099

0 Errors
1 Warning
0 Remarks
22 Optimizations

Verify Edits:

HDEF: Found 2x: 1 Device, 1 non-Device instance
PEGP: Found 1x: 1 Device