Contribute
Register

Mountain Lion HDMI Audio - HD4000

Status
Not open for further replies.
The IOReg works but it shows no HDMI audio edits.

I guess that's because I never install the dsdt using multibeast, or not?

I got stuck in the dsdt editor part, as you say that I must search on the DSDT for IGPU and HDEF, and If you can't find one, seek assistant.

So here I am, or do I install the dsdt as I send it to you, in order to try??

The edits appear correct. The IOReg shows the display connected to port 5 with a DP connector in the framebuffer. For HDMI audio to work, the HDMI display has to connect to port 7 which has the HDMI connector in the framebuffer. Try the other HDMI port and reply with IOReg.

Toleda, you're amazing. Based upon on what you said. I gave the DP connector a try and HDMI audio is working. So the DP connector is AppleIntelFramebuffer@2/port0x7 while the other 2 HDMI connectors are 0/5 and 1/6.

Is there any anyway to map the HDMI audio output to port 5 or 6 instead of the current port 7.

I've attached a new ioreg. In this one, my DVI monitor is connected to one of the HDMI connectors (port 5) and the LCD TV is connected to the DP connector (port 7) with a DP/HDMI adaptor and audio to the TV is working.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    404.1 KB · Views: 86
Is there any anyway to map the HDMI audio output to port 5 or 6 instead of the current port 7.
Edit the framebuffer in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.

This is the native framebuffer:
0A 00 66 01 00 02 03 02 00 00 00 02
00 00 00 01 00 00 00 20 10 07 00 00
10 07 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
02 05 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00 < DP/port 05
03 04 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00 < DP/port 06
04 06 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00 < HDMI/port 07
00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 40 00 00 00

You could try:
03 04 00 00 00 08 00 00 06 00 00 00
< HDMI/port 06
04 06 00 00 00 04 00 00 07 01 00 00
< DP/port 07

If you delete an audio output device (Line Out or SPDIF), you can have 2x HD4000 HDMI audio.

You aren't using integrated graphics. If the dsdt complies, install and reply with IOReg.

Hello, I installed. I replaced the patched DSDT with the dsdt at the extra directory, took a long time to boot, and no cursor , no recognition of mouse nor keyboard.

I had to manually replace the dsdt.aml with the old one, via an hd enclosure on another computer.

I guess this would not work for me right now, would it?

Edit the framebuffer in AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext.
If you delete an audio output device (Line Out or SPDIF), you can have 2x HD4000 HDMI audio.
Thanks so much for your help. For now I'm going to use the Displayport. Trying to keep the system as vanilla as possible. Everything seems to be OK. I guess you can put the Zotac Z77ITX-A-E motherboard on the tested list.

I'd definitely be interested in trying to get 2 x HDMI audio. How I do delete one of the audio output device?

Thanks a million toleda! You were right on with your directions to remove the HDAEnabler and EFI injection. I now have a 99.9% functional Hackintosh! I've attached my final DSDT and IOReg. Thanks again!

OK-- so although I am really new to this, I realized:
1. Even though otherwise I wouldn't need a DSDT, only for HDMI-Audio one would need a DSDT.
2. In order to use one for the Z77 chips (specifically, my GA-Z77-DS3H with i7-3770) I could extract a DSDT from my existing working system, edit in the HDEF stuff, and then load my system with that DSDT.
3. I used DSDT Editor in order to extract my DSDT, but the one I freshly extracted had two erros and some warnings. That was bogus to me, but it might have been because I was using HDAEnabler888b.kext. I removed HDAEnabler888b.kext and then figured, since jziggy618 already has the same mobo like me, I could just use HIS DSDT since he provided one. So I just loaded his DSDT in my editor, compiled it, no errors, installed it (meaning put it in /Extra/).
4. Before rebooting, I ran Multibeast 5.0.2 (previously I had everything working with 4.6.2), I selected my UserDSDT, Drivers & Bootloaders -> Drivers -> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> With DSDT -> ALC888b/887 -> v100302 Current -> "This patched AppleHDA.kext is for the newest version of the Realtek ALC888b/887 found on recent motherboards." I also selected my ethernet card: "maolj's AtherosL1cEthernet" and the Chimera 1.11.1 bootloader (I think I had 1.11 before that came with Multibeast 4.6.2).

I then rebooted, and low-and behold everything was working properly (as it did before) and ALSO the HDMI-Audio is now working (I connected the HDMI port to my Optoma HD66 and the DVI port to my Asus monitor). Just to test it out, I connected my headphones to the audio-out on the projector. The audio was working properly, but the sound quality was not so good. I'm assuming this either because the projector doesn't have such a good audio processor or one shouldn't connect headphones to this jack?

There are just two outstanding issues right now for my audio:
1. The mute button doesn't work (for the normal "Internal Speakers" port). It actually never has. Not such a major problem, but I was wondering if a fix exists?
2. The line-out port, the blue port on my motherboard I supposed (as opposed to "Internal Speakers", which I interpret as the green port on my motherboard) shows up in System Preferences, but nothing actually comes out of it when I connect the speakers to it.

Also I have a question, there *IS* a digital-out port in system preferences, and also on the Gigabyte website it's promised that Digital Out is possible with an additional Audio Front Panel. So my question is, where exactly would I connect that to? I already connected the audio front panel cable that came with the case to the motherboard's audio port, but this thing only has a "headphones jack" (which works by the way, it seems to be an EITHER OR option for the internal speakers which Mac OS X automatically switches to the headphones once they are connected) and a microphone jack I supposed (though I never tested if it works). How do I setup this digital out? Do I have to buy an extra front panel audio header? If I do, will I have to give up my case's built in headphone and microphone jacks?

Thanks toleda (and also jziggy618)! It's really cool that now _everything_ is working.

The audio was working properly, but the sound quality was not so good. I'm assuming this either because the projector doesn't have such a good audio processor or one shouldn't connect headphones to this jack?

There are just two outstanding issues right now for my audio:
1. The mute button doesn't work (for the normal "Internal Speakers" port). It actually never has. Not such a major problem, but I was wondering if a fix exists?
2. The line-out port, the blue port on my motherboard I supposed (as opposed to "Internal Speakers", which I interpret as the green port on my motherboard) shows up in System Preferences, but nothing actually comes out of it when I connect the speakers to it.

Also I have a question, there *IS* a digital-out port in system preferences, and also on the Gigabyte website it's promised that Digital Out is possible with an additional Audio Front Panel. So my question is, where exactly would I connect that to? How do I setup this digital out? Do I have to buy an extra front panel audio header? If I do, will I have to give up my case's built in headphone and microphone jacks?
I think I found the questions.
I don't anything about the audio out jack on the projector.
Mute is not implemented for the 887_V100302 because it doesn't work.
The blue jack is Line In. Line Outs are Green (Front), Orange (Center/Sub), Black (Rear) and Grey (Side, optional).
For Optical you are better off using the rear Toslink port on the motherboard. The optional panel has a separate Toslink port and connects with a 2 wire cable to the SPDIF connector on the motherboard. It requires an edit to AppelHDA.kext and disables the rear Toslink port.

I'd definitely be interested in trying to get 2 x HDMI audio. How I do delete one of the audio output device?

Tools
See Customizing the Optimized Lion AppleHDA.kext

Method
Copy S/L/E/AppleHDA.kext to Desktop
Open Desktop/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/Platforms.xml
Open Pathmaps
Open Item10/PathMap ID 392
Open PathMap
Delete either:
a. Item 3 (Line Out/Black)
b. Item 4 (Optical Out)
Save